My recall and an obviously sorry dealership...

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 08:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My recall and an obviously sorry dealership...

I purchased my truck from Ciener Woods in Kernersville, NC and assumed they were an OK dealership. They did have 3 chances to fix a problem with my truck after I purchased it, and couldn't repair it so I found someone that could but after contacting them about the recall I realized how useless they actually were.

Last Thursday I called them about the letter I had recieved saying my truck was recalled and I should take it to the dealer immediately to have the part installed to correct it. I had a post card also stating the part was not availiable, but I should still contact the dealer. A guy at work said they disable your cruise control until they get the part so it doesnt' burn your house down.

Anyway to paraphrase the call went like this.

Me... Hello I have a letter and card her to contact the dealer to have my cruise control fixed on the F150.

Service.... We do not have the part availiable and will not have it until next year.

Me... Should I still bring my vehicle in?

Service.... No, give us a call next year and if we have the part we will schedule the repair.

Me... OK, so there is nothing to be concerned about? Just call you next year?

I politely hung up the phone, at this point I wondered why they recalled the thing at all. The service guy at Ciener Woods obviously didn't seem to thing that my truck parked in my basement was much of a problem. After a few minutes of thought I thought of my luck and how most homes burn down around the holiday.

I then called Parkway Ford in Winston Salem,NC. I told him I had the recalled paper and he said I should get in there as soon as possible to have it repaired. He said there was probably a million to one chance it would be a problem but it was better safe then sorry. Hmmm, I liked this guy already. I asked him if he had the recall part and he said they did and he could have me in and out in an hour. I setup the repair for Saturday morning. Heck they mad eit convienent and actualy asked me when I wanted them to do the work.

Before hanging up the phone I explained about the call to the other dealership and he said he coudln't understand why someone would say that. He hesitated from saying anything terribly negative about the other dealership, but did say he thought it was irresponsible of them to tell me that even though chances were slim something would happen to my vehicle.

They got me in and out in less than an hour. Painless as could be. I am driving the last Ford vehicle I will ever own thanks to the 4.2L engine fiasco, but should I need a Ford dealer for anything I will keep Parkway Ford on the top of the list.

BTW they had that $150,000 sports car in the showroom with a sold sign on it and I must have spent 30 minutes scoping that car out. That car is kewl looking. They had the price jacked up over $40,000 over sticker price though and sold it for over $190,000's.

Old 12-20-2005, 08:34 PM
Well I am still waiting for the switch to come in. I call about every other week and ask, but they say that they are still waiting. Asked them to put me on the waiting list and they laughed. I am still trying to figure out what was so funny. But that's just the way it is, and will be.

Old 12-20-2005, 09:58 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Dealers have been allocated a small supply of the fused jumper harnesses for 05S28. Widespread availablity of these harnesses won't be 'till February '06.

Old 12-25-2005, 09:58 AM
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
link to a similar topic in the SCrew forum:

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=221586

Old 12-30-2005, 05:31 PM
Suspended
Before my 97 was recalled I went ahead and took the initiative and purchased the switch and installed it. When I recieved my recall letter it stated that even if the switch was changed out due to the other vehicles recalled that I was still eligible to get the jumper installed. So, I brought my truck down to the dealership after calling and them telling me that the parts were there, and they then told me that they couldnt put the jumper on it cause the switch was already changed out and the jumper was specific to the old switch. I suggested that they could put it inline between the old harness and the new pigtail and it would work fine there, they wouldnt install it no matter how much I argued but I did get a check for the switch that I bought from them now that my truck was recalled. They told me that the new switch wasnt supposed to leak but I think that the original switches werent supposed to leak either. I think I will probably rig up an inline fuse of my own just to be **** about it. Oh yeah, if you are not happy with the 4.2 liter engine (not many people are) why dont you buy a 4.6 or a 5.4 liter next time instead? Kind of stupid to just say that I wont buy a certain brand just cause of a bad experiance with ONE of their options, in case you didnt know there are other engines available.

Last edited by bigdaddyII; 12-30-2005 at 05:33 PM.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by bigdaddyII
Oh yeah, if you are not happy with the 4.2 liter engine (not many people are) why dont you buy a 4.6 or a 5.4 liter next time instead? Kind of stupid to just say that I wont buy a certain brand just cause of a bad experiance with ONE of their options, in case you didnt know there are other engines available.
That is very simple. They have no credibility in my eyes. Why would I chance purchasing another product from a company that makes a major mistake like this, costing thier customers over $3000.00 each and washing thier hands of it like these people should be grateful for the 60 or 70 miles they did get out of a vehicle that should have last 200,000? When I called Ford and spoke to them, if they would have offered to pay a percentage of the cost to have that new motor put in they would not have such harsh feeling towards them. The way they brushed me off though was uncalled for and showed me how little they cared for the consumers that purchase their product.

Now for someone to have a company stick it to them like that an step back into the same situation again they would only prove how ignorant they really are. I'm sure people have heard, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on ME!" I'm not going to be a fool. Looking at the number of major recalls they have had lately and all the bad press. I'm at least happy to see someone is getting something due to the neglect they are showing the people that really believed "Quality is job 1" to Ford. Shows if you really want quality, you probably don't want a Ford. The Ford Truck looks better than any other make out there, but with the lack of credibility I have towards them I'll park a Toyota in my garage in a few years when it is time for me to get a new truck.

I see now why Ford trucks were much cheaper than the others when I was out buying it. None of my friends that bought a Dodge Chevrolet or Toyota have had to put a new motor in their trucks yet and many ot them have older trucks. All of them but one have more milage on their trucks than I do. My dad is fixing to buy a new truck. When I told him about my problem it made his decision easier. He was going to buy a Ford, now he is looking at Dodge.

Anyway, if you are happy with your 4.6, good for you. If you had to shell out $3700 on a motor because Ford made a mistake on your 4.6, then you would probably be bitter also. It is probably hard to relate unless you ahve had thousands flushed due to the negligence of a company that prides itself on "QUALITY" and being "TOUGH".

BTW Tomorrow 12/31/05 marks the one year anniversary of the oil in the driveway due to Ford neglect. I bought my wife a GM product last year. We didn't even consider Ford.

Old 12-30-2005, 07:16 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Want some cheese with that whine?

Old 12-30-2005, 09:22 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Quintin
Want some cheese with that whine?
No kidding.

Old 01-21-2006, 01:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well my old 2000 I never took it in as I didn't want to have to wait for the part to come in as well as leave the truck at the dealer all day as they are busy so they say as they wouldn't let me wait on them to do what they had to do. but I'm sure it has been taken care of since i traded the truck in last november.

Quick Reply: My recall and an obviously sorry dealership...