Will I kill my truck doing burnouts? - Page 3 - F150online Forums

Go Back  F150online Forums > Special Interest > Racing (non-street)
Will I kill my truck doing burnouts? >

Will I kill my truck doing burnouts?

Will I kill my truck doing burnouts?

Old 09-21-2010, 02:02 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Originally Posted by tarajerame View Post
must be nice to have cheap tires
I payed $140 each for my 245/70/17's!

Old 12-01-2010, 11:44 AM
I payed $125 a tires for my BFG KM MT 255/75/17 tires new. i think they are a little over 32".

I absolutly love them, silent and dig like hell.

Old 12-03-2010, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by Big50 View Post
You should be fine. Just leave the tranny in first. You could damage the clutch packs in your differential, but it would more than likely take quite a few burnouts to do that. I can't even do a burnout in my truck. That's what the stang is for
thats ur truck? ive like seen all your videos. love them all. only problem with ford is that damn power steering! haha always goes out when wheeling. but i just did a burn out the other day. my tire was a little messed up but hell i got my tires plus $200. payed $200 for them and sold the rims for $400. haha so i dont really care. BFG ats. 265/75 R16. i need bigger tires anyways. but nvr neutral drop. my friend always did that in his turboed chevy. blew his tranny. but wht ever. he was an idiot.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:04 PM
I guess I'll revive this old thread with my 2 cents. I also have an 07 FX2 5.4. I put a supercharger on it, and as of now the rest of the drive train is stock. I gotta say I'm not easy on the gas pedal. I do burnouts all the time and everything is fine. Besides, if something breaks that's just God's way of telling you it's time to upgrade to performance parts!!!

Old 02-17-2012, 03:26 PM
Yes!

Originally Posted by AvionicsAllstar View Post
I guess I'll revive this old thread with my 2 cents. I also have an 07 FX2 5.4. I put a supercharger on it, and as of now the rest of the drive train is stock. I gotta say I'm not easy on the gas pedal. I do burnouts all the time and everything is fine. Besides, if something breaks that's just God's way of telling you it's time to upgrade to performance parts!!!
AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!

Old 06-10-2012, 12:44 AM
If you're going to do burnouts on a regular basis, install a line-lock. It will be easier on the transmission, rear end, driveshaft and u-joints.

Old 03-31-2016, 08:40 AM
Of course burnouts are not "healthy" for your truck. Engine or tires. But if you can do something like this it's totally worth it

Old 11-18-2017, 03:03 AM
Nope!

Old 02-25-2018, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by m_melen View Post
oh come on, nobody has a little kid inside them? i could just go sit on my porch in a rocking chair yelling at kids to get off my lawn if that's what's cool nowadays.
i'm not asking for sarcasm, i'm just asking if a stock tranny can handle it or if it's just going to damage it with a few seconds of burnouts once or twice.

How old are you? Doing a burnout OBVIOUSLY won't harm the transmission unless you do a neutral drop or power brake it until parts blow through the oil pan.

Old 02-25-2018, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by jaymz View Post
Buy a Lightning...then roast 'em all you want.

Seriously...use the powerbrake method, not the neutral drop method.

Jim

Even a bullet proof Torqueflite 727 would probably be damaged doing that!!!!! I did a neutral drop in a 1976 Plymouth Fury and that was it!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Will I kill my truck doing burnouts?

Sponsors

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: