site slow

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 07:18 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
site slow

This site is very slow this morning,at least for me anyway.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:21 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi, JCR... not really having any problems on my end nor am I seeing any real issues in the latency. Anyone else having problems?

Old 08-29-2012, 10:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes. This site has been slow for the last two days for me. I will click on the Forums tab and sometimes it takes about 30 seconds for the page to load after the tabs across the top load. Sometimes the tabs across the top load and nothing else happens and I have to refresh or go back. I thought it was my machine, but this happens to me on different computers, at different sites and I have no issues with other internet traffic.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Site is definitely slow tonight, especially when trying to post a reply.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:10 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Getting some slowness today. It seems to be waiting for loadus.exelater.com.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:53 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I've noticed it too over the last couple of days.. Both a work and at home.. I've got 30+ mbps at work and it still seems to pause and slow down when opening posts and such. Even slower at home where I only have a 5 mbps internet.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:49 AM
Moderator &

Anyone still seeing issues?

Also, hey, Mitch! Always good to see a f150online.com old timer...hope you're doing well.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:48 PM
Still here Rockpick! So is the old '97! Got a few more miles and a few more dents and scratches since 2001, but still 'rocking' along!

The site seems to hang a bit for me whether I'm using an older XP computer or my new Windows 7 computer..

Not as bad as the last time I posted, so it's getten better!

Mitch

Old 01-24-2013, 10:12 AM
slow for the last 3 days for me.. Doesnt matter what computer or browser..

Old 02-17-2013, 10:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Just thought I'd chime in. This morning it's not bad. But this is the slowest site I'm a member of. Sometimes, when it's really bad, I have to back up a page then re-enter the page I wanted. Sometimes I can't get into the desired page at all. Or I have to leave the site or disconnect to be able to browse the site. Curiously, the "ads" will load, but not the page. Or I'll get a line of verticle ads and no page. Or I'll just sit and watch that lovely little blue circle until I get bored with it. It's not my system. It happens on both my PC and Laptop. I know the site has agreements with advertisers to support the site, but it's a bit much when it effects my browsing pleasure. After all, it is us that really support it

Old 02-17-2013, 03:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was slow yesterday for me. Seems fine now.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:09 AM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by Scarlet
Just thought I'd chime in. This morning it's not bad. But this is the slowest site I'm a member of. Sometimes, when it's really bad, I have to back up a page then re-enter the page I wanted. Sometimes I can't get into the desired page at all. Or I have to leave the site or disconnect to be able to browse the site. Curiously, the "ads" will load, but not the page. Or I'll get a line of verticle ads and no page. Or I'll just sit and watch that lovely little blue circle until I get bored with it. It's not my system. It happens on both my PC and Laptop. I know the site has agreements with advertisers to support the site, but it's a bit much when it effects my browsing pleasure. After all, it is us that really support it

Thanks for the note, Scarlet. This is likely due to a bad ad in the stack or some other issue on the advertising side.

Not sure if it's possible but, when you get a hang or something like that, please check to see if you can identify the ad that is hanging - or, one better, see if you can identify the url (right click, properties or, in some browsers like Chrome or Firefox, you'll see the url displayed in the bottom left corner that is trying to load).

Also, please note the time of day and the day that you've had the observation, if possible.

I hate to make it a hassle but hope that the data mentioned above can potentially get the ad pulled from the Google Ads stack and make the browsing experience better for the entire community. You're right - those ads are nothing without our community -- thus, making our community the best it can be is the way we need to proceed, if possible.

Thanks guys!!!

-RP

Old 02-28-2013, 08:17 AM
Cool

Ok, so I have been keeping a "loose" record for the a few days of what's hanging up when I try to enter a page. Most of the time it seems to be in the evening hours. Sometimes in the morning but not as severe. One evening it was almost impossible. so, the ones that have done it to me that I remembered to jot down are. StateFarm, Sylvania (silverstar), MetLife (has done it several times), AT+T (smart phone), Progressive, Chrysler, Tirerack, and a "I work from home" ad?. Sometimes it's an entire stack that hangs up, but I get frustrated and forget to jot them down. I'll try to be more vigilant..........

Old 02-28-2013, 08:18 AM
Cool

Ok, so I have been keeping a "loose" record for the a few days of what's hanging up when I try to enter a page. Most of the time it seems to be in the evening hours. Sometimes in the morning but not as severe. One evening it was almost impossible. so, the ones that have done it to me that I remembered to jot down are. StateFarm, Sylvania (silverstar), MetLife (has done it several times), AT+T (smart phone), Progressive, Chrysler, Tirerack, and a "I work from home" ad?. Sometimes it's an entire stack that hangs up, but I get frustrated and forget to jot them down. I'll try to be more vigilant.......... I just had to back to here because a Mazda add just hung.....as you can see I got a double post because of the Mazda hang........

Last edited by Scarlet; 02-28-2013 at 08:20 AM.

Quick Reply: site slow