Double standard imposed by Rockpick

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 09:38 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry Double standard imposed by Rockpick

Not trying to offend Rockpick, but….

I understand that this forum is for the 04+ F150. Great. I saw a thread here the other day with a link to a video showing how well the F150’s bed was built. Now it is gone. It wasn’t even moved to the General section (which I feel it belongs in the 04+ since it was …. uhm … an 06 F150).

Now, just to the left of this page is a link to Toyota.com/Tundra ??????????? WTF is that all about? Yeah, yeah, pay the bills, yada, yada, random Google add, yada, yada… Seems a bit hypocritical. You completely remove a thread which had a link to a VERY informative video about a 2006 F150 simply because it mentioned the Tundra. I completely sympathize with you concerning the threads that simply talk about the Tundra’s HP, or acceleration or whatever, but that thread was about the F150. Seriously, lighten up a bit. Why don’t you save yourself some time and write a script to filter out any threads/posts with the word Tundra. LOL

I think you’re letting this moderator thing get to your head Rockpick. That’s just me tho…..

Last edited by rms8; 06-10-2007 at 09:41 AM.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This will be interesting...

Old 06-10-2007, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by Copenhagen848
I agree, I see another thread with a padlock on it. Why are you posting this in the '04+ forum? This should be in the "Questions about the site" forum. Better yet PM him and keep it off the forums altogether.

Old 06-10-2007, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by Copenhagen848

I thought that thread (the one I mentioned above) was VERY good. It deserved to be in the 04+ forum too. Now it's gone simply because it showed the Tundra. Perhaps the person who started that thread should have reworded his title to simply say "F150 build quality video" or something similar????

I hate it when this forum gets cluttered up with threads about how much HP the Tundra has or how fast it is. Understand 100%, but that thread was not one of those at all. Then I look to the left and see an add for the Tundra. --> Oy Vey !!!

Old 06-10-2007, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by rms8
Not trying to offend Rockpick, but….

I understand that this forum is for the 04+ F150. Great. I saw a thread here the other day with a link to a video showing how well the F150’s bed was built. Now it is gone. It wasn’t even moved to the General section (which I feel it belongs in the 04+ since it was …. uhm … an 06 F150).

Now, just to the left of this page is a link to Toyota.com/Tundra ??????????? WTF is that all about? Yeah, yeah, pay the bills, yada, yada, random Google add, yada, yada… Seems a bit hypocritical. You completely remove a thread which had a link to a VERY informative video about a 2006 F150 simply because it mentioned the Tundra. I completely sympathize with you concerning the threads that simply talk about the Tundra’s HP, or acceleration or whatever, but that thread was about the F150. Seriously, lighten up a bit. Why don’t you save yourself some time and write a script to filter out any threads/posts with the word Tundra. LOL

I think you’re letting this moderator thing get to your head Rockpick. That’s just me tho…..
Did you bother to search? The bed bounce video is in GD.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...ght=bed+bounce

As for the ads. If it keep F150 Online, online, so be it. Very few here would switch to a toy anyhow.

Also, did you bother to read the announcement at the top of the 04 forum.

Last edited by kingfish51; 06-10-2007 at 10:05 AM.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Personally... Rockpick might just be doing his job. Possibly the owner of the site has requested this. If I was the owner, and I told my mod to fix this issue up... he better be doing his job or he FIRED.

I have my own business hosting, and I host 4 other forums, non-car related, and I have seen some wierd things before.... even though I am not the owner of any of those sites, I've seen some things where it went against my TOS and I had to send the owner of the website a notice of eviction. Basically to either clean it up, or I'm deleting your site and you don't get a refund.

I know there is nothing unlawful about Tundras... not that I know of... but I see where their idea is relating to; keeping this section of the forum only for F150s.

Old 06-10-2007, 10:06 AM
Technical Article Contributor

I figured that thread was doomed because of the "T" word in the title. I think you will find out that the ads displayed are chosen by Google not by Rockpick or Steve. I believe that Steve can ask Google to not show certain types of ads but the ads are based on the content of the website, in this case trucks, of which the "T" word is one. Maybe Steve can ask Google to ban all Tundra ads.

Old 06-10-2007, 10:57 AM
It is kind of hypocritical to say that you cannot reference T in the forum, but right in the middle of the forum there are ads for T saying click here buy a T.

Old 06-10-2007, 11:21 AM
this site just gets better and better...you cant no mention any other vehicle other than ford f150...and when people ask for an opinion and you dont think that what they posted is the best idea ever and looks the greatest then you will be censored with a locked thread or deleted alltogether...been here since 2002 one of the first members here. but since people who joined in 06 and or 07 and have 26,000 post they must know what they are talking about.

Old 06-10-2007, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by kashifordf150
It is kind of hypocritical to say that you cannot reference T in the forum, but right in the middle of the forum there are ads for T saying click here buy a T.
Nothing hypocritical about it (read the announcement at the top of this forum, missed it myself), you can discuss other brands until the cows come home. You just can't do it in the '04+ forum. Post it where it belongs, in GD.

Old 06-10-2007, 11:27 AM
I really don't think RP is in charge of placing ad's on these forums...

Old 06-10-2007, 11:46 AM
I think RP should ad the T word to the censor list.. haha

Old 06-10-2007, 11:51 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
What's the big deal about the Tundra?

It's the newest truck on the market, so there's obviously going to be a lot of talk about it, but so what? You could hold a gun to my head and I still wouldn't buy one, but I don't begrudge anyone who is at least interested in dicussing it -- as long as it's in the right forum.

I guess I'm missing something.....

Old 06-10-2007, 12:27 PM
First of all, bad call challenging a moderator's decision. I tried that once and received a perma-ban. Let's hope Brad has some mercy on you. Secondarily, the ads on this site are called Google Ad-Words and the way they are generated is by you and I and the way we type. Google's script sees the word <insert name of non-Ford truck here> and it generates an ad for that product. So, it is OUR fault for the ads about the other guys. Thirdly, this should probably be in QATS or GD, so let's hope again that Brad's got some mercy left in 'im. Good luck!

Old 06-10-2007, 12:30 PM
Isn't this the 04+ forum. Maybe I'm missing something... But I didn't miss the announcement at the top of this forum.

Anyway, I'll sit back and watch.

Last edited by FoMoCoFan17; 06-10-2007 at 01:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Double standard imposed by Rockpick