Dissapointment with company

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2002, 02:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Dissapointment with company

Ford F150s have always been in our family.

I own my first new truck and love it. I wonder when Ford is going to step up and make their warranties comparable with other trucks today.

The other issue I have is when there is a known flaw in the design, i.e. the heater core dripping on the coils and ruining them (for me, the 8 hole coil was rusted at the plug from the moisture). Ford will not help out with this fix or start a recall because it is not a safety issue. If you read here long enough, this problem with the 5.4 design is well known.

F150s may be the #1 seller, but Ford is not acting like they want to be #1 in customer satisfaction. Quality is job #1, as long as it is safety related....all others, go to the back of the line.

Old 10-16-2002, 08:58 PM
We all know about these problems. Talking about it here doesn't really change anything. What you should do is call Ford. Then call them again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again.......

Old 10-17-2002, 05:49 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Keep trying to get them to fix even make the theart that if they don't fix it right that you will go try another brand and say how long you been loyal to FORD and want to stay loyal to FORD but if they wont help say maybe its time for me to try another brand I'm sure if you say someting like that they will do there best to make you happy and loyal to FORD.

Old 11-02-2002, 06:07 PM
hmustang:
I have a bridge you might be interested in.

Old 11-06-2002, 06:32 PM
Hi

I agree with others here. Take sometime...send FORD a letter.
Let them know how you feel. I wonder how many people do that? I have.

Been along time FORD truck owner. Seen alot of models come and go...changes for better/worse etc.

Seems most or all recalls are safety related? However i dont think the "wrong radiator issue" was safety related was it?
We know how that turned out. I dont' think that was a recall but that problem didnt go away for Ford. Seems to me they hope some will. I guess the old saying "the squeeky wheel gets the grease"?

Lets say alot of people write FORD. Wouldn't it be interesting to know the out come...how many happy/not etc This and other forums you can read pro/cons...what about all the other Ford truck owners out there we dont hear from? I think our forums are the minoirity voice, but not without clout!

Good luck...OT

btw...Not truck related but..I read where Ford has committed to take care of its "Focus"car owners. Apparently major engine problems. I wonder how many customers that will cost them..i would be willing to bet some want be back. and it goes on and on and on. Bet they talked/wrote/screamed at Ford. Seems to me these days its kinda like a crap shoot with Ford(maybe not just Ford either?)...some do ok/some dont. However..i think for sometime now Ford has really been dropping in quality.
Reason: This is first time i have asked myself... would i buy another Ford? Now..wonder how many others are asking themselves the same question? JMO

Old 11-07-2002, 04:10 AM
I really believe that we could be witnessing the end of Ford if they keep this up for very much longer.

Any company, including the Ford Motor Co. cannot just go on and on forever; producing millions of products that need to return for repairs or modifications at the companies expense. This costs an exorbitant amount of money in any business. This is money that Ford simply does not have in the bank, right now.

I read a story last year that GM had enough money to continue offering 0% interest for 2 more years. Enough time, the story speculated to put Ford Motor Co. out of busniess.

It doesn't really mean much in the end if you make an initial profit only to lose that fixing your mistakes. These recalls don't only cost Ford money in terms of parts and labor. There is also the cost of administration as well as engineering research and down time at the dealerships and parts assembly plants. Ford stock is also in the ****ter right now and news like this does not inspire confidence.

We also have to consider that the average American consumer is not a die hard automotive or Ford fan. They buy what they can afford and view their vehicle simply as a tool for transportation. Certainly no car loving American is going to buy a Ford Focus either. The people that bought a Focus wanted something inexpensive and simple. When you take away the simplicity from the situation by requiring numerous recalls, as well as poor real world performance, you now have something that is simply cheap.

Ford needs cars like the Focus because they are inexpensive to produce and it has been very easy to sell every single one. If Ford cannot make the 1st time car buyer happy in this situation, they will not return to Ford when they have the money for a more refined, costly vehicle.

I've been dealing with Ford a lot lately. Anyone else familiar with the inner workings of the Ford Motor Co. is aware that they are not a very efficietly run operation. Rather than cutting the cost of production, as they have. They need to cut the cost of actually operating the Ford Motor Co. There are simply too many people in too many levels, working against each other. Too many damn bean counters making engineering decisions.

When we buy a truck (anything for that matter) we expect to receive what we are told we're getting. The deleted radiator is just the tip of the iceberg. When I bought my truck: I expected gaskets that last. Wheels that don't fall off. Fuel lines that won't catch fire. Sheet metal that doesn't crack and rust in 6 months and spark plugs that don't shoot out of the cylinder heads!!!

I also expected 17 MPG City/22 MPG Highway. What I get instead, with Ford's OEM plugs and wires on the recommended 87 Oct is 12 MPG City/15 MPG Highway.

Last edited by AjRagno; 11-07-2002 at 05:09 AM.
Old 11-07-2002, 03:55 PM
AjRagno, I appreciate what you and others are saying....

I have a friend that works for GM, they aren't much different. If you can save just 30 cents on cheaper wipers for example, in 1 million cars, that is $600,000.

Does 600K turn their head....you bet. Who cares if the wipers last only half as long. It is a WEAR ITEM....

To Old Timer, the radiator issue was a false advertising of sorts....their literature said we were to get radiator A but got B...probably because they could save 50 cents on the other one and not have a significant impact on performance for 90+% of consumers. Obviously, it was more than 50 cents, but you get the picture. NOWHERE does their package information say that we are getting coils that will last 100,000 miles. So, in my repair case, no matter how bad it is for me and the hundreds of others that have had this problem and expense, it was not a case of us not getting what we were told.

F150 is the #1 selling truck in America (maybe the world?). My letter means zero to them if there is not a chance that I will go to a lawyer with it. The radiator was a completely different PR issue potentially.

Old 11-07-2002, 04:52 PM
Hi AJ

Thats what i consider "constructive" input. Meaning that as long as we continue along these lines we want get the plug pulled, if you know what i mean.

Anyhow...good to read others opinions. I dont know about current workings on inside of Ford...i did some years ago. But i do believe it is really big time shakey times for Ford. Can they survive, probably...but what will they do to insure that? I assume Ford is trying to figure that one out now...time will tell.

Hi lyleorr

I understand what your saying. I guess thats why I said..crap shoot with Ford. Some do ok/some dont. Still, think about sending a "constructive" letter to Ford. You maybe right in that it want change anything now...but who knows what the future holds? Yes, ive also had problems with my truck. Not like some. Its ok at the present time...but still..its like being in a crap shoot!
Maybe i'll come out ahead/maybe not.

Good luck...OT

Old 11-08-2002, 07:05 AM
my experience with ford has been a good one. i have owned two minivans and both of them were very reliable. the firsy one had 95000 miles on it and i only had to change the starter. beyond that everything else was regular maintenence. i just purchased my third ford and am very happy with it. i've owned 4 gm cars and can honestly say i'll never buy another one. my2cents.

Old 11-08-2002, 09:32 PM
Hi

If you haven't read this...it is an interesting opinion.

www.flatratetech.com click on...disposable cars/customers.
Also if you havent seen before...some intersting views from Ford employees on the forums.

Also alot of updated info www.blueovalnews.com

Wouldnt you think by now the alumn. heads would be ok..NOT!

OT

Old 11-14-2002, 04:53 AM
Angry

Ford stuck it to me once. Never again this will be my 1st and last Ford product I ever buy. Hey remember we all have a choice ;-)

Old 11-23-2002, 12:29 AM
I voted with my feet. They took me over to a GMC dealer. Got a Sierra. Always was GM type anyway. No more Fords for me. Took me thirty years to give them another try. Now they are not going to see me for another long time. Good luck to you all. And ignore the signature.

Old 11-25-2002, 09:28 AM
first let me state that i own a 1999 f150 lariat 5.4

and i think of it as a door rustin....oil leakin...piston slappin....crappy braking...piece of FORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

every time i get pissed that my truck is litteraly a P.O.S. i think of bill fords commericial.....you cant "FAKE IT" what a focking baffoon!!!!!! he probably doesnt even own a ford probably owns a BMW or something.......

sorry just venting

Quick Reply: Dissapointment with company