Disappointment with Ciener Woods FORD service.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2002, 06:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disappointment with Ciener Woods FORD service.

Bought a Used Ford F-150 from Ciener Woods Ford and noticed a shimmy in it during the test drive. They said they would fix it if I bought it so........ It is in my driveway now.

Anyway, they replaced the tires with some Dunlop AT's and said that would fix it. That was nice of them, the tires on it were running low in the tread department.

Didn't help though so I called them and took it back in. The guy in the service department drove it and said he couldn't feel it, but he would have a look at it and get it straight. I was having problems with a shimmy when braking also. The guy calls back and says it will cost 155 bucks to get the brakes fixed that the rotors had warped. I had drove it less than 200 miles. I was very mad, but what can you do when a dealership puts the screws to ya? He also said that a weight had fallen off and it needed to be rebalanced to fix the shimmy.

Brought it home and it still shimmied so I called and they came and picked it up and looked at it again. Said this time it was a bad tire and they were replacing it.

TO make a long story short they had the truck the first 2 weeks about as much as I did, and it still shimmies. I can feel it in the wheel and the seat. I took it to my father and he said if I keep taking it back to then they will probably just start keeping it overnight and not do anything with it. He once worked for a Ford dealership so................... Anyway that was about 2 weeks ago and I've just dealt with it. I need transportation and the first 2 weeks after buying it I had to bum rides from guys at work and share a car with my wife. My trade-in was more dependable than that.

Quality Care Service seems like a joke to me. This is the first Ford truck I've owned and although I love the truck (besides the shimmy and sorry fuel milage) I think I'll buy another Chevy truck next time to stay away from service department this incompetent. I would think they would test drive something and verify they have fixed it but...... This truck will have to get me around for the next several years. I certainly have had enough of Ciener Woods. They said they were in some Ford President thing and one of the best Ford dealers ever, Lol, I didn't believe them, but figured they couldn't be the worst. Anyway, enough bashing on them....

Does, anyone have any ideas what is making this thing shimmy? My father says he thinks it could be the tires. Dunlop I suppose is generic. I've never used them on anything else in the past, but the tires that were on there when I test drove it had the same characteristics. I'd hate to throw $500 into a set of tires for a vehicle I just bought. It shimmies terrible between about 50 and 65 mph though.

Also do rotors warp in under 200 miles? It didn't skip all the time and I first noticed it 2 days after I bought it. Seems dishonest, but the reputation of used car salesman and lawyers are held at about the same merit.

Thanks,
S_Gibson

Old 09-24-2002, 04:19 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Try some new shocks and have it looked at by another shop you can trust and see what they find.

Quick Reply: Disappointment with Ciener Woods FORD service.