My first FORD ever.

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2002, 12:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking My first FORD ever.

hello,
this is my first post here after lurking for the last 2 weeks. I just leased a 2002 f150 xlt supercab 4x4. ive had it two days and im hooked. i love it. no concerns. no quality control issues and my dealer went above and beyond the call of duty. frickin absolutely beautiful and when i close my eyes and think of the word truck, i see my fantastic truck. thank you ford and thank you festival ford for everything.

okay everyone clear those teary eyes.

Ive read some posts here questioning the quality of their truck and how "its a ford not a mercedes" and so on. I had an ML320 mercedes benz suv for a month. take away the fancy wood ( which i still question why manufacturers even bother with this in the year 2002) and trendy colors, my truck rides just as well and handles comparably as well. being such a larger vehicle and all. paint and construction are on par.

Old 09-19-2002, 09:09 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
donk316--WELCOME TO THE FAMILY.

I have also driven the fancier Mercedes and Lexus SUVs and have an identical opinion about them. For one, they're overpriced for what you get and for two, well, they're overpriced.

I love my supercrew. I went with the King Ranch interior and honestly, the leather in my truck rivals that of world class vehicles. We have a guy that owns a King Ranch that has been associated with the world's FINEST motor cars (Bentleys etc) and he swears the leather in our trucks is as nice, if not nicer, than that of the other vehicles that he has owned.

It's refreshing to see that Ford is doing something right and, when you cruise the message boards, you'll notice that you rarely see an issue that is very persistant with any of the trucks or SUVs. Sure, there's the occasional "My tranny went out..." or the occasional "...I blew the head gasket..." but, with mass manufacturing, there WILL be an occasional problem. It's just a fact of life.

Again, welcome to the family. Let us know if you have any questions about your new truck. Someone that cruises the boards **WILL** have an answer.

RP

Old 09-19-2002, 04:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I had my truck for almost 3 years now and have a little over 63,000 miles on it and had no major problems with it yet and still runs as good as the day I bought it.

Old 02-28-2003, 06:22 AM
There is no vehicle sweeter than a Ford Truck. I have driven lots of vehicles, worked on even more than that, and for my money and what I want, it has to be a Ford Truck, even over the Lexus and Mercedes or whatever else.

Old 04-21-2003, 08:11 AM
quality

When I bought my truck I had issues too, I had to have a seat reskinned due to rips and there is orange peel on the truck, but I had a 1986 F150 too and it had paint flaws too, but when it comes down to it I absolutely love my truck every so often I have to look out the window of my house to see if it really true that I own my own piece of ford. Whatever comes up I will still buy another Ford because after all no other company really makes "trucks" like Ford.

Old 04-21-2003, 12:48 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome to the FORD family.

Quick Reply: My first FORD ever.