Disgusted with Quality

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2002, 10:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Disgusted with Quality

Just to inform you (he who says we should have inspected it before buying), we did but when you are looking at a vehicle in the pouring rain and the water is beaded you don't notice the paint inperfections. When we began to notice was when we washed and waxed the new truck after it had stopped rainning and we had a day off from work.As far as the dealer repainting the truck, they say it is up to the Ford Rep. who says he will only allow a spot job to fix the worst and that when it is repainted it will be matched to the remaining orangepeel. He also says he will not allow a smooth finish at all. As for the gaps, the bed is off set, the bumpers (front and back) have a 1 to 2 inch difference in measurement on one side than the other, the back door on the driver side is sticking out further than all other doors, primer is showing through most of the paint which is highly noticable when clean, and there are runs in the paint. There is one smooth area on the cab and thats all there is. The dealership also wants us to pay for a rental car while they fix the gaps, reorangepeel the truck, and fix a bad relay switch that goes to the windows and interior lights which prevents them from working most of the time.

Old 09-05-2002, 09:06 PM
You should have asked them to let you puyll it into the service bay and have them dry it off so you could inspect the paint if it was pouring rain out that is what I would have done. If it was raining on the day I was going to buy a new car or truck or I would just wait til a sunny day to go look one over before I buy it.

Old 12-03-2002, 01:39 AM
gcc
Sounds like a hellish experience. Buying a new car should be an awesome experience, a bit like seeing your new born. I feel bad for you.

It was also pouring the day I bought my truck. I just walked around the truck and swiped off the rain drops as best as I could to see if there were noticeable dents or scratches. I saw some scratches but that didn't stop me from buying this unit because it was heavily discounted (one of those dealer weekend specials).

I made a decision on the spot that I would snap up this deal and live with the minor blems I find subsequently. And boy did I find quite a few since then.

Anyways, back to your situation, my 2 cents is that if you can't live with your truck the way it is, trade it in and start over. Please realize that a repaint is rarely as good as factory finish. You may end up nit picking the repaint job instead and get nowhere.

Last edited by gcc; 12-03-2002 at 01:52 AM.
Old 12-03-2002, 06:25 PM
Hi Robert

Welcome to the board. Sorry for your problems. You may already know..lots of info..support etc. here. Also "venting" allowed

You must have bought a used/abused truck? Or is it a new...underwarranty truck?

If so....hold out for a complete paint job, if indeed its as bad as you say it is. This may take some effort on your part. I know..been there done that!

Others here also had misaligned beds. Its not a difficult job to fix..rear bumper probably looks off center because bed crooked/front bumper not sure. After fix...as you probably already know by now..look it over carefully. Maybe door can be aligned?

Then take another really close look at everything before you sign off on w.o. Again..this may take some effort on your part?

Good luck....OT

btw...remember the dealer didnt make your truck. But he does have to properly fix it. Be cool as best you can. Update and let us know the outcome.

Quick Reply: Disgusted with Quality