Cracked side view mirror = Warranty Fix?

Old 04-05-2002, 05:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Cracked side view mirror = Warranty Fix?

So, i am driving to work the other morning and go to check out a hot chick i see waiting for a bus and see that my driver side, side view mirror has a hairline crack down the middle of it, from top to bottom! Damn! i say to myself, but not because of the mirror, i couldnt see the girl! Anyways, so i got to the big blue oval where i bought my truck and see about a replacement, and they wanna charge me $83.00 for a new one, just the mirror that is, so the parts guy tells me to ask the service rep. about warranty coverage. So, i talk to this guy about my problem, he goes out, see's there is no trauma, (damage) like a stone hitting it or someone hitting it, i think the cold weather snap here did it, and he tells me it will be covered! How about that!! I would have never thought a mirror that broke from cold weather would be covered, so i have an appt., in the near future to get it done, along with all those persky recalls i never had looked at, so my FIRST time to approach a dealer about my truck was a very positive experience....almost turned out to be a negative one for my check book, i was looking at a new L in True Blue....Hmmmmmm, gotta love it! Have a nice day all!

Old 04-06-2002, 10:48 AM
Finally, a positive dealership experience post. This reminds me of a similar story. There was this hot chick with a hairline crack in the middle...Oops, wrong site...

Old 04-07-2002, 11:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Are you sure you didn't crack your mirror when you was checking out that HOT CKICK Glad to hear your dealership is taking care of the problem with trouble.

Old 04-09-2002, 07:52 PM
Thumbs up

Dealer called today and told me my mirror is in! Can u believe a Ford ealer does not stock mirrors for an F-150? Anyways, the thing is in and gonna have it repaired under warranty, plus gget all my recalls taken care of...been a little slow with those!

Old 04-12-2002, 01:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by pgh_medic
Dealer called today and told me my mirror is in! Can u believe a Ford ealer does not stock mirrors for an F-150?
Yes I can believe that a FORD dealer wouldn't have the mirrors as well as many other parts in stock I ran across that a few times at my local dealer on cars I had in the past.

Last edited by hmustang; 04-12-2002 at 08:54 PM.
Old 04-12-2002, 01:13 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Talking

I guess somebody is gonna get in trouble for screwing up like that.

Your mirror wasn't supposed to come in til your warranty ran out!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cracked side view mirror = Warranty Fix?