Looking to buy a Ford Truck?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2001, 10:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking to buy a Ford Truck?

Looking to buy a Ford Truck? Go ahead, I did…

So Ford has been in the press a bit with the Firestone relationship, the safety ratings, the quality issues, the recalls and more. Can all of this press be picking on the Ford Motor Company? Is it really disruptive in the consumers buying habits? Is it time for Ford to treat their customers as an asset to their future?

I would like to relate a brief version of what I have experienced with my Ford purchase. It has to be brief because it is still going on after three years. This truck has been nothing but problems! Ford Corporate is too busy fighting forest fires, bigger than the industry itself, to pay any attention to one of their customers. Ford does have a process to deal with the consumer but that color only comes in black. Ford needs to relate to what their customers are saying and correct their image. To put it blunt, I have never had a new truck that had so many problems that the manufacturer just doesn’t care.

I am not going to go on and list all of the things wrong with this truck, brakes, shocks and clutch, RUST, windows leaking, that ever so specific check engine light that has now become a cabin reading light. Fellow Ford owners already know this, actually maybe they don’t. Chevy, Toyota and Dodge owners know what I am talking about. I have owned other Fords and they have been decent trucks but when you can't be at all consistent with quality and don’t care about your existing customers, it is time for another ride. To make matters even worse the fine folks at Ford we rude, arrogant and refused to help.

I will never, nor recommend to anyone that they buy a Ford period. My family has purchased 6 new Fords over the past 10 years and we’re done! I may sound bitter but my ordeal has lasted over three years and I am just taking upon myself to warn other consumers. Look elsewhere for a truck!

If you disagree, it is you call and I am not going to argue with you. I have done all my arguing with Ford. It is your money and I hope you get a good one when you go to that showroom and deal with those honest sales folks. It is easy to get sucked in, I did those truck look nice!

Something to think about:

Something I noticed today, I had another car at the station today for registration and the only thing getting repaired at the local station were Ford's.

Looking to buy a Ford Truck? Go ahead, I did and would be glad to sell you mine…

Old 12-29-2001, 11:45 PM
Lightbulb

You may wants to browse http://www.edmunds.com
I just checked out the site. It appears to me that Chevy problems and customer dis-satisfaction (with their new Chevies & GMc's) was extremely higher than ford truck owners problems, complaints and dealer run around.

Good luck, Sorry about your Lemon and bad luck with Ford Corporate.

P.S. Every time I've called 800-392-3673 (checking status of new truck order) people at FOMOCO could not have been nicer.

Old 12-31-2001, 05:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry you feel that way about your truck most of your problems sound like minor ones nothing to get up tight over to buy another brand but then again I'm not you so be it. I can tell you my truck has had no problems what so ever and I just do the normal stuff like oil changes and tire rotations is all I done to it so far in a little over 2 years of owning it and over 44,400 miles of driving it so if you ask me FORD has built one fine truck.

Old 01-04-2002, 11:00 PM
ford is the best truck for your money there is going to be a bad truck every now and again ford has lost site of some thing me and about 200 other people still have new trucks burning oil and i think that is bulls*#t myself but they have their *** in a tight spot and their trying to save face on what the world has read about

Old 01-15-2002, 02:36 PM
Unhappy IMOP

I am a little suprised with Ford. I have had my truck for one year, and have had too many visits with the dealership to get into here (however, if you have some time and what to see exactly what I have been through, go here https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...threadid=62798 ).

Anyway, I can say this much. I do not approve of the fact that if I have a desire to talk to Ford direclty, that is not an option. Yes you can call the customer satisfaction hotline, but they are "ment to work as a liason between me (the customer) and the dealership." I have a great relationship with my dealership (they all KNOW my name and the issues that I have had). However, sometimes, the dealerships are limited in what they can do. That is understandable. However, there is no way for me to have any other contact with Ford other than through my dealership.

I have noticed in life that after awhile, if someone wants an issue or problem to go away (as opposed to being reminded of it or question on it over and over again), people are a quicker to take action as opposed to letting it hang there because they onle hear about it every month or so. This is the approach that Ford has taken.

Back in August of this year I submited a request to Ford to Repurchase, or Replace my truck (I understand that bad products do come off the line, and that is was not Ford's intention to sell me a vehicle that has had this many issues. I would just like to be taken care of). It is now January of 2002 and nothing has been resolved. However, they did FINALLY come back to me with an offer yesterday. Why does it take 4.5 months to do some math? Because it is easier to not do anything and hope that I will go away!

Long story short here, I say shame on Ford for not giving an avenue to its customers to allow for them to talk with Ford if there is an issue. My problems was never with the dealership and I have full faith in that they were doing everything in their power to help. I cannot understand how it makes good business sense to disallow contact with your customers. Unless they are flipping over in cars with faulty tires (yeah, i know, low blow)

Boxter

Old 01-15-2002, 06:33 PM
To bad you got a bad one My truck has been graet no problems in the 2 years of ownership.

Old 01-15-2002, 06:54 PM
For People Having problems with Late Model Ford Truck and Cannot Get Results From FOMOCO or their Dealer:

Please go to www.edmunds.com and view the many posts that late model GMC and Chevrolet truck owners have had. Looks to me as if there is some way to iniate arbitration thru your local Better Business Burea and the truck manufacturer.

According to what I've seen on Edmunds, persistance will pay off to achieve net results. Many people have gotton Corporate to buy back their Lemon vehicle's.

Old 01-16-2002, 08:32 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by gearmanx17
[B] Looks to me as if there is some way to iniate arbitration thru your local Better Business Burea and the truck manufacturer.

This is not really true with Ford. Arbitration is an option with Ford, but in any arbitration with Ford, it is done by Ford Reps and not the BBB. I had the option to go to arbitration, but after talking with my attorney, they advised not to do it as the decision maker is a Ford rep (seems like a conflict of intrest to me).

Old 01-17-2002, 12:45 PM
Boxter

Sorry to hear you have had poor luck also. I had a pretty strong suspicion that I could not be the only one that bought a piece of S^*% truck. I hope they come through for you in the long run. Sounds like the dealer is at least decent which is more than I can say for my experience. Milford, Allen Mello Ford, New Hampshire

I think the sad part here is Ford just doesn’t get it. Boxter, you make a very good point that it is impossible to contact Ford directly and what the dealer can do is very limited. It is even worse, as was my experience, the dealer was lying, not about what was wrong with the truck but claiming they test drove the truck and closed out a case with corporate when in reality, the truck had not even been to the dealer at this instance.

I guess there are good ones and bad ones but with Ford in the news today:

Ford Q4 Losses top 5 billion

http://custom.marketwatch.com/custom...tory.asp?guid={567E34C3-1B52-4227-9993-C0E47B9B4061}

and still not listening to their customers and making a reasonable attempt to correct issues, I can’t say I feel bad for them one bit. I guess what comes around goes around.

Quick Reply: Looking to buy a Ford Truck?