Letter to Jacques Nasser - What is Job 1?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2001, 03:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All manufacturers have a "customer loyalty" or customer appreciation" policy for problems outside of warranty. My sisters' Saturn had a clutch failure at around 60,000 and they fixed it free of charge. Ask your sales manager about it if you havent cursed him out yet. Sometimes they will split it 50/50.

Old 10-30-2001, 08:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Change the world...one tranny at a time!

100% relief - Just cashed the refund check! 80% from Ford, 20% from dealer and an additional 50K mile drivetrain warranty (at no charge) for my trouble!

Major thanks to Mark Williams at Montgomery & Beechmont Ford for cutting through the BS and understanding Rule #1! He's got a classy team that makes it right and he cares about his customers!

Additional thanks to the F150Online supporters! Apologies to the Ford Advocates on the list that sided against the "little guy" - Sorry to disappoint!

Now, Wm Clay Ford, Jr.... how about that new 2001 Taurus I was ready to buy?!? enb

Old 10-31-2001, 06:41 AM
Re: Change the world...one tranny at a time!

Originally posted by Eric Besanko
100% relief - Just cashed the refund check! 80% from Ford, 20% from dealer and an additional 50K mile drivetrain warranty (at no charge) for my trouble!

Major thanks to Mark Williams at Montgomery & Beechmont Ford for cutting through the BS and understanding Rule #1! He's got a classy team that makes it right and he cares about his customers!

Additional thanks to the F150Online supporters! Apologies to the Ford Advocates on the list that sided against the "little guy" - Sorry to disappoint!

Now, Wm Clay Ford, Jr.... how about that new 2001 Taurus I was ready to buy?!? enb
Hello Eric,
First thing, I do work for Ford and build trucks at KTP. I think I speak for all of the employee's when I say we do make "Quality job 1" when we do our jobs. We try like hell to make the best truck we can by knowing our jobs and the parts that we assemble that make the products our costumers purchase. I can tell you that there are many parts (I have even seen whole cabs and beds get scraped) that get scrapped over quality concerns. Alot of the stuff we scrap is so minor you wouldn't believe.
Anyway I was glad to hear that you got the dealer to work with you on getting your truck repaired and that you are planning on being a Ford costumer again.
Also I sent you an email.

Old 10-31-2001, 10:56 AM
GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!

Eric,

I am very glad to see that your satisfaction has been met! This story is one of many, I'm sure that you have made a positive affect for current and future FORD owners. You have handled this in a true, professional manner, and I'm positive, that is why your needs have been met.

I'm also sure that 99.9% of FORD employees try hard everyday to make "Quality, Job #1", however we all have had our experiences with disatisfaction, it's all about how you approach the situation. I am a firm believer in that "change"' is always for the better, so I would be looking for new things from FORD's new CEO in the future.

Eric, enjoy you new FORD TAURUS!!!!!!!!

Old 11-01-2001, 07:40 PM
Thumbs up Good for you...

Good for you Eric. I was really expecting to hear a much different outcome. Sounds to me, like that your dealer just earned another sale.

Old 11-03-2001, 03:00 AM
Angry

My 2000 F150 V-6 auto now has 35,850 miles on it. I have been complaining about the transmission slipping on the 1-2 shift since it had 100 miles on it. Today I went to the local transmission shop to get their opinion.

No luck closed already. Though I did get some very usefull information from the parking lot. There were ten 99, 00 and 01 Fords in the lot waiting for trani work and two parked on the inside. These were both the F150 and Explores as well as the mercury version of the Explorer. All of these vehicles were in mint condition showing no signs of any abuse that would warrent a trani failure.

I am parking my truck and will take it to the dealer again on Monday. In Washington State we have a lemon law and after reading all of this I believe that trani ford is using has a design defect. I think my only option will be to turn my truck back in under the lemon law.

Old 11-05-2001, 10:22 PM
Having the same problem

I have a 2000 Ford F-150 XLT Triton 5.4. It has been in the shop more than on the road. At 859 miles the injectors went out, what did ford do, sent a tow truck who REARENDED my truck in the parking lot. Forget ford, I have always owned a ford but it looks like a GMC product for now on. Ford does not care, I did not want a new truck, I simply asked since it was in the shop 8 times in 6 months and has been repainted 4 times, for them to give me the extended warranty up to 100k miles but they said, I cant see where an extended warranty will help. That tells you how dumb the are. Basically they are saying, I see the records where it was in the shop and we did weeks of work on it, but there was nothing wrong. This was my first NEW truck I had purchased on my own with no co signer so I have to say that ford was pathetic.

Before you buy a Ford, let the sales rep review this site.

Clint

Old 11-07-2001, 03:25 PM
halfacre,

Sorry to hear about your truck problems. What were the problems with your paint that required four re-paintings, and what was the final result?

I'm also having issues with my paint - it started last year at ~400 miles when I noticed spiderwebs and hazing on my roof, and some door caulking protruding out of the corner of the passenger front door. The dealer subcontracted the job to a local body shop, and it took 4 days to get it back (it looked ok).

During this past winter, I started to notice paint chip clusters appearing all around my truck - few in the begining (considered it "normal" and possibly due to the truck's profile and it being winter and all) - but they kept appearing. Long story short, I had the dealer look at it when the truck was in the shop for the wiper cover recall, and the dealer agreed to re-paint the truck at the same place (had ~100 paint chips everywhere - roof, hood, around all windows, etc.). Well, it's been in the shop two times now, and the job isn't done (total time ~1.5 weeks). I found many chips painted over, several chips still untouched, front tirewells painted red, many overspray spots, and an orange peel texture around all windows, door jambs, and rear panels. Plus the fact that the rear F-150 tailgate badge was replaced with the wrong one, and the passenger window trim was stretched beyond belief (but kept on the truck!).

The dealer has been good throughout this ordeal, and told me to make a detailed list of everything I want fixed and he will review it with me, and then pressure the body shop to get it right for the last time. This body shop's facility isn't built for paint jobs - it looks like a 50 year old concrete garage with the bay openings draped with plastic drop cloths. I don't have a good feeling about the paint job coming out right in the end.

Again, the dealer is doing right by me (I guess), I just don't care for who they subcontract out to for paint work (they've used this shop for 6 years with supposedly no complaints). I don't think they use any other shop for their work.

I had another paint shop (Dupont certified) look at my truck, and he couldn't believe the poor paint job, and that it has been done twice. My dealer won't let me take it to this guy since they still owe money to the other guy, and that he should be held responsible for his mistakes. It sounds good, but I just want my truck to look like should...beautiful.

Sorry for the long post...got carried away I guess.

Old 11-07-2001, 09:33 PM
Paint

Well it all started with a hand print on the hood that was put in the color (red) before the clearcoat was sprayed on. It never turned dark until that summer so it was hard to notice. I guess the heat got to it. When I took it back they repainted it, they clearcoated 1 ladybug and about 8 gnats in the paint. Took it back, they just added 2 more coats of clear over it. I took the manager out and showed him the ladybud and the gnats. He said he could not believe it. I dropped it off again, this time they wet sanded and repainted it but when they peeled the tape off the side it peeled about a 3 inch strip in the clearcoat that the bodyshop manager went in and got some rubbing compound and wiped on it. I said but there is no clearcoat there and he just said it wont bother it. I took it back and raised cain. I called the customer assistance center and she even said I was put through the ringer. So they wanted me to take it back. ( going on a month now with me having to pay for the rental car. Even though my truck was 28k, the would not provide a rental car.) When I went and picked it up, it looked good except it had sand marks in it and had 2 runs. Well when I got it home, I noticed they did not cover the fenders so I spent 4 1/2 hours with buffing compound getting it off. I told the dealership and they said, tell ford. I called ford in Dearborn MI. and she said she was sorry. That was is, so I asked her since she was just sorry, if that excused me from my 603.14 a month payment and she said no. But she wanted to know what else she could do to help me. I told her to give me back every penny i spent on this truck or give me another one with the exact features and payoff and she said she was sorry. I have written a letter to the president but I dont expect a responce. If I do get one, i will mention this site and have them take a look.

Thanks

Clint

Old 11-08-2001, 09:24 AM
Just found this thread. Super news Eric. We as consumers should not accept inferior products. When Eric's trans went out after pampered care and no abuse, the product was obviously inferior, and Ford should offer some help. In some cases the old "your out of warrenty" applies. A good dealer and service shop can tell who is being honest. Eric, sounds like you have a great dealer and service shop. You're one of the lucky ones. Glad they were able to get Ford to do the right thing for a loyal and honest customer.

-jeff b.

Old 11-25-2001, 12:20 AM
Eric,

A little late to the game, but ran across this late at night and had to comment.

I had the same problems when I contacted Ford about my radiator issue. My dealer was no help whatsoever. It took about three months of phone calls, averaging more than five in a week and a threat from my Attorney General's office to finally get me my radiator. I was not real confident in the AG's ability, but will use them again if I need to.

Congrats and always make a mess if you need to!

Old 02-25-2002, 01:20 PM
I owned a 2000 Acura TL and at 50,600 miles. 600 miles after the warranty went out. The dealership and Acura agreed to replace the transmission and extend the warranty. I guess what I am trying to say is it isn't just a domestic problem. I too have always purchased imports after being burned by three new forst in the 80's but the last two imports have burned me as well(not as bad as FORD in the 80's) so I'm moving back to domestics. If I have to deal with problems I'll be patriotic and deal with them at home. BTW, FORD read these forums, find out what the new millenium provides consumers. 10 years from now you won't be able to **** on your consumers like you occasionally do. I'm buying the S/C Harley F150 and I hope you back your product but I'll be honest I don't have a lot of faith that you will. It's just that you make the truck I want and it sucks for me to be in that position.

Shane

Quick Reply: Letter to Jacques Nasser - What is Job 1?