Love my Fords but hate the dealerships!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 09:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Love my Fords but hate the dealerships!!!

Just thought I'd rant a little! And please, nobody take any offense by this thread as I am a lifetime ford owner and always will be!That said here it is, been trying to do a cluster swap from my xl to a lariat cluster. Getting a used cluster doesn't seem to be a problem and I can certainly install it myself. Getting it programmed however is another story! I've been calling all area dealers within a 300 mile radius and no one seems to know how or wants to do a reprogram or install of a cluster for me. Anyone who belongs to this forum and has read anything on the subject knows it can be done. Most dealers are telling me it CAN'T be done and others say they will only do it with a new one, but when you call parts they say they can't sell me one. I have to have lariat cluster to swap it with according to the idiots who work the parts counter. Now I've worked in many dealerships doing aftermarket installations(it's been many years since I've done it), and I can tell you, if the guys behind the parts counter aren't fat and lazy, they're stone cold stupid! They can barely read the numbers in the computer. Even had one ***hole tell me I had to replace the ENTIRE wireharness behind the dash because my truck wasn't set up for a tach, message center, and so on. Part was around $2000.00!!! Anyway, this rant is getting a little long so to finish, I've only taken one of my vehicles to a dealer ever in my life and that was to get my speed control programmed(had to twist their arms for that one). They are way overpriced and they can kiss my #@$%@&*&$#@@^!!! We really need a smiley that gives the finger. Apoligies to the administrators.

Old 08-02-2007, 12:27 PM
Damn sounds like you've been having a rough time with that cluster. No worries though buddy. Im sure one day you'll meet someone in the dealership that's NOT a complete moron and you'll be able to go to him for info. Keep sticking to these forums because as long as you have the knowledge of people that have done it before you'll be able to put anyone in there place if they tell you otherwise.

Old 08-02-2007, 02:21 PM
Ford makes a good truck, then the dealer makes you hate it.

Here's a dealer horror story for you:

My truck is strting to shake a little bit. SO I took it to the dealer to see if something was wrong. I figured it was just the wheels out of balance. Sure enough, that's what it was. They called me a couple of hours after I dropped it off and said it was done, no charge. So far so good!

I get there to pick it up, they give me the keys, I go out side and see something is up. The center caps are all screwy. No big deal, they just didn't put them on tight. So I get down to push them in and I notice something funny about the back wheel. The tires are directional and they put it on backwards. I go to the other side. that one too.

Then I go to the front, and I notice a big scratch and a gouge in the aluminum wheel where they pried the weight off to rebalance the tire. I go to the other side, same thing. So I go back in and grab the service guy and show him. He says I have to bring it back the next day to show the manager.

So I come back the next day, and they take it in to put the back wheels on the right way and the manager has a look at it. They tell me they're going to get the wheels re-finished. So I bring it back the next week and they give me a courtesy car and they have the truck for three days, they call me and tell me it's all done. So I go to pick it up and I have a look at it and they over sprayed primer all over the wheels before they clear coated them. The guy says hell have to take them off again and get them re-finished again. This is where I blow a gasket.

I told him I had enough of them screwing up my truck. I demand two new wheels. He says we have to follow the process, but I cut him off. I said the only thing they were doing is trying to fix it as cheap and as convieniently for them as possible. I said I had enough and I wasn't bringing my truck in again for three more days. I told him I spend 30,000 dollars here and this is how I get treated? The truck is brand new and it's spent more time at the dealer because of their incompetence and I have to put up with it. I told him to get me new wheels. So he says he'll try to get some wheels from a truck on the lot and he'll call me.

So he calls me a couple hours later and says he has to order new rims. so I'm supposed to bring it in next week to have them put on.

Then while I'm driving it home I see something out of the corner of my eye. I look up at the headliner and there's a dirty black handprint there. Then when I get home and get out to look, I see a dirty footprint on the carpet beside the seat. It took me an hour to clean it!

What a hassle for a no charge job. I almost traded it for an '04 Ram last night.

Old 08-02-2007, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the encouragement copperhead

]
Originally Posted by Copperhead64
Damn sounds like you've been having a rough time with that cluster. No worries though buddy. Im sure one day you'll meet someone in the dealership that's NOT a complete moron and you'll be able to go to him for info. Keep sticking to these forums because as long as you have the knowledge of people that have done it before you'll be able to put anyone in there place if they tell you otherwise.
As a matter of fact, I posted about this in the '04 and up thread and someone has posted some help in the matter. Man I love this forum, best one on the net for 150's!!

Old 08-02-2007, 08:43 PM
Now I don't feel so bad.

Originally Posted by 07 GoldenBoy
Here's a dealer horror story for you:

My truck is strting to shake a little bit. SO I took it to the dealer to see if something was wrong. I figured it was just the wheels out of balance. Sure enough, that's what it was. They called me a couple of hours after I dropped it off and said it was done, no charge. So far so good!

I get there to pick it up, they give me the keys, I go out side and see something is up. The center caps are all screwy. No big deal, they just didn't put them on tight. So I get down to push them in and I notice something funny about the back wheel. The tires are directional and they put it on backwards. I go to the other side. that one too.

Then I go to the front, and I notice a big scratch and a gouge in the aluminum wheel where they pried the weight off to rebalance the tire. I go to the other side, same thing. So I go back in and grab the service guy and show him. He says I have to bring it back the next day to show the manager.

So I come back the next day, and they take it in to put the back wheels on the right way and the manager has a look at it. They tell me they're going to get the wheels re-finished. So I bring it back the next week and they give me a courtesy car and they have the truck for three days, they call me and tell me it's all done. So I go to pick it up and I have a look at it and they over sprayed primer all over the wheels before they clear coated them. The guy says hell have to take them off again and get them re-finished again. This is where I blow a gasket.

I told him I had enough of them screwing up my truck. I demand two new wheels. He says we have to follow the process, but I cut him off. I said the only thing they were doing is trying to fix it as cheap and as convieniently for them as possible. I said I had enough and I wasn't bringing my truck in again for three more days. I told him I spend 30,000 dollars here and this is how I get treated? The truck is brand new and it's spent more time at the dealer because of their incompetence and I have to put up with it. I told him to get me new wheels. So he says he'll try to get some wheels from a truck on the lot and he'll call me.

So he calls me a couple hours later and says he has to order new rims. so I'm supposed to bring it in next week to have them put on.

Then while I'm driving it home I see something out of the corner of my eye. I look up at the headliner and there's a dirty black handprint there. Then when I get home and get out to look, I see a dirty footprint on the carpet beside the seat. It took me an hour to clean it!

What a hassle for a no charge job. I almost traded it for an '04 Ram last night.
Sorry your going through all that hell man! Your situation is definately worse than mine. Whatever you do though, don't get a dodge truck just because of some f'ed up ford dealer! I love my Ford, which is why I don't take it to a dealer. You guys already know what I think about them, THEY SUCK!!! Anyway, goodluck to you golden boy. Let me know how you made out.

Old 08-03-2007, 10:01 AM
It's too bad. It's such a nice truck. This is my third Ford truck. I had a 82 F-150 for 4 years, then I had my Ranger for 10 years. Now I buy my first brand new F-150 and I was so excited, I was even gonna get my picture taken with the Paul Brandt cardboard cutout beside my truck in the showroom.

Old 08-03-2007, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by 07 GoldenBoy
I almost traded it for an '04 Ram last night.
Whew!! That was close!!

I know I dont want to ever own a GM truck ever again(I would go for that Toyota first!) However, I turned away from a Dodge pick up mainly due to Dodge owner testimonials. X plan became available where I use to work and got my F150 and love it.

Now, I havent had to take mine into the dealer at all, only for early oil changes as well as the cruise control recall and my only gripe was the wait time. Now I do my own, and other maintenance stuff. Outside of that though, I do trust my dealership until I have to take my truck into their garage and they screw something up. It is sad one dealership can turn you off to an otherwise very nice truck. Never hesitate to seek out another dealership if these problems occur.

The issue with the wheels should be honored by the dealer that messed them up. No sense in causing so much damage over such a simple initial visit. Hope that turns out well for you.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:17 PM
Multiple Usernames
I avoid the Ford dealer like the plague!

I have horror stories.

Old 08-09-2007, 11:25 AM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
I bet you will find threads similar to this one on any brand forum. I highly doubt Ford has an exclusive on lousy dealers and they certainly have some GOOD ones.

Quick Reply: Love my Fords but hate the dealerships!!!