Customer Service?

Old 06-08-2006, 12:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Customer Service?

On Friday morning I brought my Ford Explorer to a local Dealer in Chatsworth Calif... the check engine light was on. The service advisor had me sign a work order for a diagnostic computer check which I agreed. He told me that there's a chance he could have it by the end of the day but probably not because of how busy things were... then mentioned that Saturdays there's no tech available to work on it and more likely would be on Monday if the parts comes in first thing in the morning. It seemed like a reasonable situation so I said fine Mondays ok.... Monday morning I called a different dealer to see if they had the part and they did... I was willing to buy it and bring it to the dealer doing the repair on my explorer so as to keep things moving. So I called the Dealer where my vehicle was and the service advisor said the part came in and that it should be done by the end of the day...so I said ok and also I didn't want them to do a rush job so as not to get sloppy and have ongoing problems spawning from this one.. then he said he would call if it wasn't going to be done. It wasn't done and he never called, So Tuesday I called about 10 am to find out if my car was finished yet. He said he will check on it and call me back... he never called.
So Wednesday I decided to go into the dealer to see what was happening. I saw the car parked off to the side lot so I assumed it was finished.... I asked the advisor if it was done, and he said he believed it was but needed to get the paper work. So after standing around I wanted to see under the hood and they unlocked the car and I popped the hood. It did look like some one did something because of hand prints in the area of the work to be done but looked a bit dirty. so I talked to the Mechanic about what was done and he said he had the manifold off but they received the wrong gaskets and had to reassemble it to move it back to the service parking area. At that time I decided to bring the car to another Ford Dealer located in Woodland Hills Ca . They charged me 147.00 for the diagnostic computer check and stated that I declined the service. The fact of the matter is I accepted the service agreement but they failed to perform the service as promised... do you feel its fair to be charged the 147.00 Diagnostic fee? GG

Old 06-16-2006, 03:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you got screwed I hope Galpin Ford treated you better

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Customer Service?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: