Dealership Repairs

Old 03-21-2006, 02:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The first time I had ever been there, the body shop at Noble Ford of Indianola, IA buffed out a scuff on my bed for free without any other purchases. Great service in my opinion!

Old 03-28-2006, 03:04 PM
use someone you know you can trust

Both my dad and sister have had cars hurt by the G.E.D. oil teck places. My sisters oil plug was siliconed in after they stripped it and they didn't get my dads air filter back in right after the check twice. Stick with the dealer unless you have someone you can trust and is still going to be working there next week.

Also just had to replace two tires and my dealer was cheaper than the local tire shops.

Old 03-31-2006, 04:19 PM
I remember when i worked as a tech at my local ford dealer just over a year ago, that they were than more willing to help a customer out with repair costs and coverage past their warranty date or mileage if they had seen that the cust. allowed them to perform routine maintinence. A benefit of customer loyalty. It is a program that ford would allow the dealer to use if needed.
Also remember that although some secondary shops may be cheaper they dont allways know the kwirks of the product like the dealer should .there were many times we would have to redo what someone else done because it was incorrect or incomplete.

Old 04-02-2006, 10:45 PM
dealership

Sadly I traded in my Mach 1 Mustang last night for an 06 Lariat SC. Beautiful truck though. Anyway, the dealer knew I bought my car from them and mentioned that I had been having it serviced there, so they must have checked their records, or remember seeing me regularly. I got a lot of $$ over KBB on my trade. I would not be surprised if their knowing I had regular service done AT THEIR SHOP helped me get a little more $$.

Old 04-17-2006, 12:39 AM
I've always been taking my truck to the dealership since I bought it new and they had a guarantee for a while that their services will be cheaper. I don't know about that now but around $40 dollars for a routine 5K mil service isn't bad.

Last edited by F-150 AZ; 04-17-2006 at 12:46 AM.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:36 AM
This might be a little off topic, but i remember taking my truck in for warranty work several years ago to a dealer whose service writer asked me if i bought my truck from them. I said no and was surprised he asked me. I thought he might have asked that to see what order the cars would be taken in for service. Anyway, when i picked up my truck later in the day, the problem was still there.{a squeaky clutch pedal} I never took my truck back to them for repairs.

Old 04-30-2006, 12:28 AM
Originally Posted by bob1
This might be a little off topic, but i remember taking my truck in for warranty work several years ago to a dealer whose service writer asked me if i bought my truck from them. I said no and was surprised he asked me. I thought he might have asked that to see what order the cars would be taken in for service. Anyway, when i picked up my truck later in the day, the problem was still there.{a squeaky clutch pedal} I never took my truck back to them for repairs.
If a ford dealer EVER asked me that, I would report them to corporate. it is none of their d#m business if u bought it from them.

Old 05-03-2006, 05:19 AM
Ford is Ford is Ford is Ford...

Ford is not Walmart, Sears, NTB, Jiffy Lube, Mobil 1, Pete's Quick Stop, Bob's Auto Repair, etc.

That being said, in a perfect scenario any Ford Dealer should treat you right.

Old 05-04-2006, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by IROC it
Ford is Ford is Ford is Ford...

Ford is not Walmart, Sears, NTB, Jiffy Lube, Mobil 1, Pete's Quick Stop, Bob's Auto Repair, etc.

That being said, in a perfect scenario any Ford Dealer should treat you right.
Since I've had the worst service and pricing at dealers and the best service and pricing at independents, maybe it's a good thing that Ford is not "Bob's Auto Repair" or we'd really be screwed

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dealership Repairs

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: