Who do i talk to?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 08:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who do i talk to?

I need some help, recently i brought my '01 F150 into a nearby service center to fix my issue, the issue was this: It was blowing white/blue smoke out of my exhaust when i first started it up after sitting for awhile. When the people at the service center checked it out they said that my EGR ports needed to be cleaned and that would fix my problem, i said go ahead and fix it. The next day the truck started doing the same thing, not only was it smoking, but it was burning my oil pretty bad. When i brought it back down to the center they said that they would check it out again at no cost, Later on that day they called me back and said that it could be a possible head gasket problem or valve seals. But, the first time they told me that they checked the head and gasket and it checked out ok. They want to charge me $800.00 to fix the seals, and even then they didnt know if that was the problem, they also told me that it was not common for the valve seals in the '01 F150's to go bad. They told me that they had to clean the EGR ports in order to fix the valve seals and that they had to do it for lack of maintenance, which is crap because i take care of my truck, but that is none of their damn business. Anyway's, I spoke with the Manager and he told me that the ports needed to be cleaned anyways and that their was steps to fixing the problem and that was one of them, when i told him that i didnt bring the truck in to get the ports cleaned, i brought it in to fix the smoking problem, he told me that it had to be done. Before i left i told him that i was under the assumption that the truck was fixed the first time, and he turned around and told me, "So did we" Now if he told me before that there was steps to fix this issue, and then he tells me that they thought it was fixed as well, what do you do? Overall, I am getting nowhere with talking to these managers, who can i contact to get my money back? I took the truck somewhere else to get fixed, Please help!!

Old 08-18-2005, 03:16 AM
I think they have a mouth full of smoke and they're lookin for your *** to blow it up. I would talk to the next one up the ladder and if he/she is blowin smoke keep going up the ladder until you're satisfied.

Old 08-18-2005, 11:25 AM
I did get taken care of, i talked with the main guy over the dealership and he is going to refund me half of my money, i figured that is fair and i said ok.

Old 08-20-2005, 07:35 AM
atleast you cleared it up and hey, half is better then nothing.

Old 08-29-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by casualtr
atleast you cleared it up and hey, half is better then nothing.
This is true, i finally got the problem fixed, it happened to be my valve seals, i took it to where my girlfriend gets her Ws6 Firebird worked on, it runs better now than the first day that i got it, thanks for your advice.

Old 09-03-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by Bird Hunter
I did get taken care of, i talked with the main guy over the dealership and he is going to refund me half of my money, i figured that is fair and i said ok.
Wait a minute... they did not fix the problem, but a second place did, and the original dealership is only going to refund you HALF the money? Unacceptable. Either fix it or refund all the money. Pay for half a repair? Can I go in and pay for half a truck?

You didn't go to Crossroads by any chance did you?

Old 09-16-2005, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by knowltondata
Wait a minute... they did not fix the problem, but a second place did, and the original dealership is only going to refund you HALF the money? Unacceptable. Either fix it or refund all the money. Pay for half a repair? Can I go in and pay for half a truck?

I agree, either fix the thing like you agreed or refund my $$$. like I always say, thats why they make attorneys, works for moi

Old 09-21-2005, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by knowltondata

Actually yes, i did go to crossroads, and i will never go back!

Old 10-13-2005, 01:37 AM
Sometimes it helps to pay with a credit card because you can dispute the charges. It takes longer but you usually get all your money back when you have the receipt for the job being done right THE FIRST TIME somewhere else. I had some 410 gears placed at a local shop and they kept whinning and making high pitch noises. They said it was normal but I know they were not shimmed properly. I went to another shop that agreed and wrote a statement about their findings and fixed the gears. The gears were worn improperly in less than a week. I submitted the statement and bill for the shop who did the job right to my credit card company and the other guys got nothing for a crap job done. Glad to hear at least you got something back.

Quick Reply: Who do i talk to?