Report: Pretty darn good so far...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2000, 01:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Report: Pretty darn good so far...

Just a longwinded note for those who remember my saga from December through March of waiting for my dreamtruck... I have over 4,000 miles on it now and am VERY happy with it. Not a single problem so far. No squeaks, rattles, leaks, vibrations, or other annoyances, which I was real scared of since the last new Ford I bought, an '89 Mustang 5.0, had an oil leak and vibration from day 1.
I wouldn't change a single option on the truck. The 5.4 doesn't have the immediate throttle response from small pedal movements the way my brother's 97 does; but it makes up for it in acceleration as the pedal is progressively punched, and in MPG: although I put mostly highway miles on it, I have gotten 18.something on EVERY tankful. I don't drive it hard, but I have the A/C pumping out the Louisiana humidity the whole way, and I occasionally get up to 70 or 75 mph (usually go about 65).
I believe my signature will show it (I haven't posted a message in a few months, so excuse the redundancy), but I have the 3.55 gears with Posi.
My leather hasn't self-destructed in 4 months, like some horror story I saw on this site. The truck is extremely quiet and comfortable; really glad I got the Lariat.
One wierd thing, too, is that even with the CD player, it seems the console is made to store cassettes!
Probably the worst factory feature is the sad standard CD-radio speakers; but I knew that when I ordered it.
Aftermarket, I wound up getting the Ford bedliner, stainless Manix step bars, and a Covercraft Ultralon cover.
Finally, if anybody's in the New Orleans area, look for me in a soon-to-be aired commercial for Crescent Trucks. I give a testamonial about my buying experience! (I didn't say anything about my first truck being hail damaged.) There are two 30-second commercials in the works. One is just me; another is a father-son duo. Let me know here if anybody sees me!
And Raoul, what happened to all our good threads on Assembly Plants? I checked and it's dead as a doornail over there. You need to shake things up!

------------------
BEJ.
Y2K Lariat Flareside, Deep Wedgewood Blue monotone, med. graphite leather, tow package, 3.55 posi, 5.4.

Old 07-07-2000, 09:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Nice to hear a good truck thread and not repairs. I bought my truck in Feb., and has not been back for anything.

------------------
2000 F-150 XL,RC,LB,5.4,4R70W,3.55LS,
Class III tow/Payload #3/Convenience pkgs.,
4-wheel disc/ABS,Chestnut/Parchment 40/60,
Ford bedliner & gas/wheel/spare locks,
3" cold air box modification,Superchip,
Dynomax ultra-flow welded 3" cat-back.

Quick Reply: Report: Pretty darn good so far...