Quality is job one,.............

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-1999, 05:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quality is job one,.............

Racing then beating Dodges and Shovies is job two!

------------------
1999 Ford F150 XLT 4x2, Cloth Seats, Amazon green, 16" All season tires, Soft Tonneau Cover, CD Player, 4.6 liter Triton V8, 3:55 ls, towing package, 4 speed auto, K&N Airfilter, soon Superchip and K&N GEN II.

Fast46Triton

The Terminator!

Old 07-04-1999, 12:10 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AMEN to that.

Old 07-05-1999, 03:43 PM
I also would like to comment to Ford about their Dealers. I have a doozy of a story to tell. I will post it in here real soon for all of you to read after I get my truck back

------------------

1989 F-150 XLT LARIAT 4x4 4.9L I6 5 speed manual tranny 3.55 gears K&N FIPK 3" Flowmaster.I will soon add a 4" lift and 33"tires and other mods too numerous to put here.

Old 07-06-1999, 12:16 AM
If we really want quality I think FORD should train/hire better mechanics and service managers!!! I've even ran into a lot of salesmen that don't know squat about trucks, but the product is so goood that it sells without him. I wish there was some way for this board to complain as a whole to Ford about "these guys" they have working for them!! If Ford has an on line site that we could all post our comments about their "Quality" would be nice. Does anybody know???

------------------
97F150 XLT SC 4x4 Flairside 4.6 V8 5sp Dk Toreador Red, 3.55LS
ARE tonneau cover, p255/70rx16 tires (came w/235), Superchip
Pioneer CD w/4 Polk Speakers & Clarion APA5240amp, skid plates
bed liner, side window deflectors, reese hitch, K&N air filter
40s-2chamber Flowmaster, Bosch +4 spark plugs, rustproofing
Better Built Stainless nerf bars

Old 07-06-1999, 12:19 AM
Go to www.fordvehicles.com and check it out. or else I dont know!

------------------
1999 Ford F150 XLT 4x2, Cloth Seats, Amazon green, 16" All season tires, Soft Tonneau Cover, CD Player, 4.6 liter Triton V8, 3:55 ls, towing package, 4 speed auto, K&N Airfilter, soon Superchip and K&N GEN II.

<b>Fast46Triton</b>

<b><i>The Terminator!</b></i>

[This message has been edited by fast46triton (edited 07-05-1999).]

Old 07-06-1999, 12:30 AM
thanks, I'll start looking for sites too

[This message has been edited by Tina (edited 07-05-1999).]

Old 07-12-1999, 09:15 PM
Ford should practice this when they build their trucks. The same with the pitch about customer satisfaction. I am so fed up with trying to get the drivetrain noise out of my 1999 F-150, that I'm ready to sell it. It stickered for $29,610 before discounts, so it isn't a cheap truck. I'm so disgusted with this truck! WWBF150

[This message has been edited by WWBF150 (edited 07-12-1999).]

Old 07-13-1999, 12:49 AM
Exclamation

Tina.............I know what you mean. When talking to a saleperson at a Dealer, first go to a place that is a quality
Ford Dealer. One that has been a round for several years and is been referenced by a friend or neighbor or relative. Not all sales reps are flakes nor all mechanics and service managers Idiots. It is the same in any profession!! Some are good some are lousy. It could be a place to eat, a doctors office,a police officer or a city council member in Wilmington, N.C. I work in a Dealership in Nampa, Idaho....Dan Wiebold Ford. I am very proud of my chosen profession. This is not an easy job. As a rule there are a lot of people that blame us for their lack luster maintenance, or not understanding of how the vehicle operates. I very well remember a old farmer who bought a f150 to haul a six horse trailer....I told him he needed a f250 with a 460 v8.....well he told me to shut up and either sell the f150 to me or get someone who would. He was back one year later bitching about no power and the clutch makeing noise.

This is just some insight.

mlaugh

------------------
<b>97 F-150</b> 4.6 auto, 4x2, 3.55 LS, trailer tow pkg, ABM with K&N, Dynomax Super Turbo exhaust.
Oh yeah, it's<i> Oxford White</i> with crome wheels, Legacy shell & custom grill.

[This message has been edited by mlaugh (edited 07-13-1999).]

Old 07-23-1999, 01:40 PM
I to have a 1999 F150 with a drivetrain noise since I bought the vehicle. The noise is related to the air intake system, but I have to *wait* for Ford Corp to find the problem and instruct the local dealer service mgr. on what to do. It's totally frustrating to know that a good mechanic (most are competent) could take my truck, find the whistling noise, replace an air flow sensor or something, and send me on my way (happy this time). But, the service mgr. says his hands are tied because Ford Corp has to find the problem. It makes me mad that the dealer is so reactive. I say, show some initiative and find the problem, work out your ego problem with Detroit on someone elses watch, not mine.

Anyway, go to http://www.ownerconnection.com and you'll find a way to get a personalized section based on your Ford vehicle. I've already sent 3 emails and the Detroit guys have already called (voice) my local dealer twice. No results yet, but if enough of us complain about slow results maybe they'll speed up.

------------------
Dave
1999 F150 S/C 4.6 V8 Auto

Old 07-23-1999, 09:23 PM
Dave, the noise in my truck is a definate drive line noise. The dealer here has verified that there is a problem too. As soon as the paperwork gets here from Ford, this truck is going back to Ford. The truck has been apart 5 times with no fix. It has been back 10-12 times for "testing" purposes. This has been going on since the truck was new 10 months ago. Ford sure didn't care about quality nor the customer when this truck was built. WWBF150

Old 07-23-1999, 10:56 PM
I've waited 2 months to see a factory rep. about my 99 F150XLT.The service manager wouldn't even discuss it!...What confidence,he could barely even look me in the eye when talking to him about it.
The steering is overly heavy,making it handle like a commercial truck. No other F-150 I've driven has been like this,and it wasn't something I became aware of until driving it awhile.I'm well aware of lemon laws,as I'm sure they do,so I'll try try try to be patient and go thru the correct channels.If it is not corrected after that....then I give 'em hell if it is needed! ....I sure do wish there was truly decent,and honorable service by ANY auto maker.It seems because in our society the automobile is king,the MF can treat us poorly,and still have people knocking on the door for more.

Old 07-24-1999, 08:52 PM
Garth, keep after them! Use the Customer Connection and e-mail them. Call the Customer Service Center and complain to them. This won't do too much, but it'll be on file if you need it later on. File for arbitration if you have to. It's usually required before a Lemon Law lawsuit can go forward. However, don't expect too much from the DSB, aka Dispute Settlement Board. They were just another spokesperson for Ford when I used that process. I had to let Ford repair my truck a 5th(!) time because of them. The repair failed miserably too. The BS about Quality is Job 1 and Customer Satisfaction is just that, BS.
Good luck. WWBF150

[This message has been edited by WWBF150 (edited 07-24-1999).]

Old 07-29-1999, 11:04 AM
Quality is Joke 1...I will wash my hands of Ford the first chance I get. I'm goin back with the Japanese who,in my opinion, know how to make a RELIABLE vehicle

------------------
99 F150 5.4 4x4 ORP 3.73 styleside deep wedgewood blue ..no mods (yet)

Old 07-29-1999, 01:42 PM
Exclamation

Dondo7,

what happened to you?

Old 07-29-1999, 04:03 PM
Yeah, I kind of snapped, huh ? LOL

I have been getting the run around from the dealers on this ping I have. Neither of them can find anything wrong. I've switched brands of gas and all of that stuff. The first dealer told me "that's normal, they all ping a little". The second wanted me to switch brands of gas (again) and they will look at it when they have time ! Both went on a ride with me and heard the ping.

After listening to the ping for another 24 hours and getting real tee'd off, I brought it back to the dealer today. I got hooked up with the Manager of Quality Control who said Ford is aware of a problem with pinging on some of the F150's and Expeditions but do not have a fix yet. I could not tell if this was true or if he was feeding me a line so I would shut up.

The Truck has 3500 miles on it and I will not settle for "all of these trucks ping a little" or anything else. I WANT IT TO RUN RIGHT. I visited the owners connection web site today and sent them a E-mail in ref to all of this. I was able to vent a little. So between this site and the owners connection, I was able to cool down a little.

I just do not want a truck that I am constantly having to take it in for minor (or major) stuff.

Thanks for asking
Steve

------------------
99 F150 5.4 4x4 ORP 3.73 styleside deep wedgewood blue ..no mods (yet)

Quick Reply: Quality is job one,.............