Ford SUCKS and the ESP is a JOKE

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 06:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Ford SUCKS and the ESP is a JOKE

Here's the quick and dirty:

2001 4.6L 4x4 5-speed

Had problems with the 5-speed before I even left the lot. Tried for 25,000 mi. to get a dealer to address it. Gave up and purchased a 6yr./75K Base care ESP at about 30K. Selling dealer specifically stated that all internal (transmission) parts were covered, as did ESP Headquarters, and my pamphlet. At 42K the slave cyliner gave out and the dealer denied the claim, stating that the slave cylinder is not covered. Called Ford customer service with part # 1L5Z7A508AB and they verified that it was not covered and that it was a consumable item as if it were a freaking brake pad or something. Well, fine, I'll pay for the part, you pickup labor...NOPE!!!

Cancelled my ESP and paid out of pocket to get it done, but no way did I hand $900 over to the dealer. Had a local shop do it for much less. I got my ESP refund today and it's half what I paid for it a year ago, and ZERO claims later. Called ESP Headquarters again and they said all the transmission's internals were covered, but they couldn't do JACK about it, and couldn't run the part number to see WTF was up. They also said TUFF ***** on the refund. Called Ford customer service and left a detailed complaint that will surely get filed straight into the garbage.

Bottom line I am done with Ford...instead of getting my 04 F-150 or 05 Lightining, I will instead consider an Escalade EXT...SCREW FORD and the ESP fruad!!!

I did all that any normal person could do to verify my transmission coverage before purchasing the damned ESP, including calling ESP Headquarters and specifically asking the dealer, and all things pointed to ALL INTERNAL PARTS COVERED. Even when you call today and ask, they tell you ALL INTERNAL PARTS COVERED, look in your paperwork, ALL INTERNAL PARTS COVERED, ask your dealer, ALL INTERNAL PARTS COVERED. Go ahead, here are the numbers:

ESP HD:1-800-367-3377
Ford CS:1-800-392-FORD

Guess before buying a damned worthless ESP have the dealer take down every part number in the truck and run each and everyone of them through the system first. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Old 04-07-2004, 07:31 PM
Isn't the slave cylinder attached to the OUTSIDE of the transmission??

Old 04-08-2004, 08:51 AM
Nope...internal.

Old 04-08-2004, 09:21 AM
I have owned Fords for all my life, some 9 or 10 vehicals new and used and Ford warranties have always sucked and the ESP is a joke. I have always put 30 to 40k miles on a year so a 36k warranty has never meant much to me. ON the other hand, out of the five new Fords bought only 2 needed major service before a 100k miles. I have always taken my vehicals, cars or trucks, to a local mechanic that is a friend. Bad part now is with the new vehicals having the computer control so much it is getting harder for him to fix some issues.
As far as I have heard, all the car companies are bad for warranty work so that has never been a consideration when buying a new truck.

Sled...

Old 04-08-2004, 09:28 AM
I know it, I just wanted some piece of mind on my JUNK MAZDA tranny. Oh well, they got me this time, but never again. The stupid ESP Headquarters doesn't have a customer service dept. at all...it's all sales, so you can't tell anyone that they are false advertising their crap warranties, and because of it, I lost about $750, NOT including the time off work and borrowed vehicle for 4 days.

Old 04-08-2004, 03:09 PM
Glad to see that you didn't get pissed. That was humor; sorry to hear of your hassle. The ESP is like any product from any company that's pushed on the public. Marketing 101...make the product sound wonderful to make sales, then use trained professionals to limit liability and payouts. It sucks, but it is true.

Old 04-08-2004, 03:15 PM
Old 04-08-2004, 03:21 PM
Would a small claims court do you any good? Its like the larger rads they advertised but didn't install until they were forced to give refunds. What do you have to lose? Record someone telling you all internal parts are covered. You would think they would settle before going to court.

Old 04-08-2004, 03:24 PM
Fat chance. They don't have any responsibility what so ever, I'm sure because of something they have you sign or some crap. I also didn't get the PI head upgrade that made me by the 4.6L to begin with. I have a 2001 so it should have the 231 HP 4.6L with PI heads, but since it was built in 9/00 it doesn't and I didn't find THAT out till yesterday. I'm not happy and there's nothing I can do but sit and spin.

...and b!tch about it so you guys can have something read.

Old 04-08-2004, 05:14 PM
hey... sorry about all of the troubles with your truck, I wish I could help you out. I hope that everything is going well at work, it is different not working there anymore, but life had to go on. Tell everyone hi for me if you get a chance, I'll stop back in sometime.

Old 04-09-2004, 12:09 PM
Hehehe...will do man.

Old 04-09-2004, 06:04 PM
and I'm always happy to listen to you B*tch to have something to read, I have done plenty of b*tching to people lately about some stuff in my life... thanks for being a good friend at work all those years!

Old 11-18-2004, 08:55 PM
I bet they didn't cover it because the slave cylinder isn't really an internal part of the tranny, internals would be main shaft, gears, synchronizers, shift forks, etc. The slave cylinder is part of the clutch assembly. Had that problem on a '97 Explorer. ESP's are a joke, they always want to get out of paying for stuff, kind of like car insurance =)

Quick Reply: Ford SUCKS and the ESP is a JOKE