Pre-1997 Models

95 5.0 sounds like its missing. Need recommendation.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 08:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tank selector switch did not help, issue now only occurs when running on rear tank. Level indicator doesn't work on either tank. Rear always shows full, front shows about 1/4 regardless of fuel level.

Old 12-24-2019, 08:08 PM
Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Oops

Last edited by jimbo74; 12-24-2019 at 08:27 PM.
Old 12-25-2019, 12:34 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Senior member----senior moment, lol**************MERRY CHRISTMAL EVERYONE******************

Old 12-18-2021, 01:04 PM
Update:
I replaced both fuel pumps by taking the bed off. The front fuel pump quit working and the rear fuel pump still worked but pressure was really low.
The front pumps strainer and float were missing and not found in the tank. Only some small debris in the bottom. Rear pump was all together but just weak. With both pump motors replaced, the truck is running fantastic!! Gauges still don't work right but that is due to the missing float. I am just happy that this trucks power has been completely restored. Just need new sending units now.

Old 06-21-2022, 01:32 PM
Another Update -
For some reason I cannot find a fuel level float or sending unit. They seem to all be out of stock. I may have to fabricate a float for the front tank or hit a salvage yard. Thankfully the rear tank level is working again after running through a full tank.
I also replaced the front coil springs, shocks, wheel bearings, radius arm bushings and got rid of the front end sagging. Next is the rear springs and shocks as they are shot.
After that is an A/C system refresh and installing more ham radio gear.
I hope y'all are doing well with all this heat, 73!

Old 08-06-2022, 03:59 PM
I have been driving about 60 miles per day for the last 5 weeks. Fuel mileage is around 18 mpg. Very happy about that. It was getting around 19 mpg when I bought it back in 2002 with 60k miles. It now has 196k and I am so happy that it is road worthy and dependable again. Thanks to those who suggested Techron additives. Techron really is a great cleaner and the 5.0 runs perfectly after running only a few gallons through the treated tank.
THANK YOU !!
I had to replace the pinion seal recently because it was leaking and kept spotting up the tailgate and bumper. New pinion bearing went in also even though the old bearing and race were in perfect condition.

It is a joy to drive. Maybe I can send the mpg up higher with a electric fan kit. I have been eyeballing a Flex-a-lite 180 kit even though the shroud is a bit smaller than I would like.
Stay cool folks, it's been hot down here (Okie)

The following users liked this post:

Quick Reply: 95 5.0 sounds like its missing. Need recommendation.