Pre-1997 Models

Need help 94 f150 wont start no fire and no fuel

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 04:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help 94 f150 wont start no fire and no fuel

I have a 94 F150 with the 300 6 cylinder I bought it wasn't running I replace the starter the alternator position control module PCM the distributor the coil cap rotor button wires and plugs but yet still no fire and no fuel can anybody help me

Last edited by Jasoncarden; 12-21-2017 at 04:19 PM.
Old 12-21-2017, 06:04 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
So the engine turns by the starter, but it won't start???
check the fuel pressure. If no pressure, change the filter, check the inertia switch, maybe replace the pump if you have isolated it to the pump. For a start.

Old 12-22-2017, 01:59 PM
I tried all that still no fuel and no fire i bought a new computer but my check engine light is not coming on plus i went to a junk yard and bought a used computer the check engine light would come on but it wouldnt go off but now with the new one it wont come on and i tried to do the jumper wire to check the codes it wouldnt work. For some reason when i check to see if my coil has power going to it it has power going to the positive and the neg and the condenser on the side of the coil

Old 01-04-2018, 10:54 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Jason - I deleted the new thread you started on this problem in a different section. This is the correct section to get help. Please don't create multiple threads on the same topic - it causes confusing responses that can waste your time and cost you money.

My post here has brought this thread to the top. Hopefully, you'll get someone who understands your problem to offer help. My gut feeling is you need a shop with good diagnostic tools to determine what is wrong.

- Jack

Old 01-07-2018, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by Jasoncarden
I tried all that still no fuel and no fire i bought a new computer but my check engine light is not coming on plus i went to a junk yard and bought a used computer the check engine light would come on but it wouldnt go off but now with the new one it wont come on and i tried to do the jumper wire to check the codes it wouldnt work. For some reason when i check to see if my coil has power going to it it has power going to the positive and the neg and the condenser on the side of the coil
It should have power. The power goes through the coil and back to ground at the PIP inside the distributor.
As long as power is going through, the coil builds energy.
When the circuit is broken (by the PIP) all that built up energy in the coil fires out the top.
The PIP acts the same as ignition points used to, way back when.
You can test the PIP with a test light but you would need an LED test light because a standard one isn't capable of flashing fast enough - it would just stay lit.

Old 01-07-2018, 06:55 PM
Help

Originally Posted by 1995XLT
It should have power. The power goes through the coil and back to ground at the PIP inside the distributor.
As long as power is going through, the coil builds energy.
When the circuit is broken (by the PIP) all that built up energy in the coil fires out the top.
The PIP acts the same as ignition points used to, way back when.
You can test the PIP with a test light but you would need an LED test light because a standard one isn't capable of flashing fast enough - it would just stay lit.
the PIP is new everything is new as far as ignition components is there a anti-theft on the 94 f150 plus im not getting no fuel

Last edited by Jasoncarden; 01-07-2018 at 06:58 PM.
Old 01-07-2018, 07:31 PM
You would find that on an XLT with remote keyless entry. If you open the door without unlocking the door (key or remote) the disabler engages.
But the disabler would not allow power to the coil; so probably not your issue.
There is a ground to the rad saddle in front of the washer bottle; I know that if you unhook that the pumps won't run.
After checking that you'll have to see if you're actually getting power from the ecm to the f/p relay for a couple of seconds when you cycle the key from on to off to on again.
That will only happen for about 2 seconds (prime) then nothing unless the ecm gets a signal from the ICM showing that the motor is running.
The signal to the relay will close the relay and send voltage (through the other 2 contacts) to the pump. Before it gets to the pump it has to go through the inertia switch and the dash tank selector switch (if equipped). You can check for power there with a test light or meter to see if the circuit is delivering power that far.
For ignition, if you have power to the coil and the PIP breaks that power circuit, you should get a spark if all the ignition components are good.
I see you replaced all the parts except the ICM which is below the driver's hood hinge. That could quite possibly be the issue. Take note that 94 and later systems require a black ICM; not a grey one.
After all that I personally would be looking at the computer at that point. A computer from a junkyard truck is always suspect unless you heard the truck it came out of running; there's always a reason why trucks are parked there.
With all the new ignition parts the ICM or a connection are prime suspects for no spark.
No fuel, you have to go through the whole f/p circuit to make sure power is getting where it belongs and back to ground - after that the pump becomes suspect.
Bear in mind that sometimes brand new parts are NFG right out of the box; don't eliminate something as not possibly being the problem just because it's new.

Old 01-07-2018, 07:45 PM
Help

Originally Posted by 1995XLT
You would find that on an XLT with remote keyless entry. If you open the door without unlocking the door (key or remote) the disabler engages.
But the disabler would not allow power to the coil; so probably not your issue.
There is a ground to the rad saddle in front of the washer bottle; I know that if you unhook that the pumps won't run.
After checking that you'll have to see if you're actually getting power from the ecm to the f/p relay for a couple of seconds when you cycle the key from on to off to on again.
That will only happen for about 2 seconds (prime) then nothing unless the ecm gets a signal from the ICM showing that the motor is running.
The signal to the relay will close the relay and send voltage (through the other 2 contacts) to the pump. Before it gets to the pump it has to go through the inertia switch and the dash tank selector switch (if equipped). You can check for power there with a test light or meter to see if the circuit is delivering power that far.
For ignition, if you have power to the coil and the PIP breaks that power circuit, you should get a spark if all the ignition components are good.
I see you replaced all the parts except the ICM which is below the driver's hood hinge. That could quite possibly be the issue. Take note that 94 and later systems require a black ICM; not a grey one.
After all that I personally would be looking at the computer at that point. A computer from a junkyard truck is always suspect unless you heard the truck it came out of running; there's always a reason why trucks are parked there.
With all the new ignition parts the ICM or a connection are prime suspects for no spark.
No fuel, you have to go through the whole f/p circuit to make sure power is getting where it belongs and back to ground - after that the pump becomes suspect.
Bear in mind that sometimes brand new parts are NFG right out of the box; don't eliminate something as not possibly being the problem just because it's new.
it has a brand new ICM and a new computer but when I turn my switch on I'm not getting my check engine light on at all not even for a second

Quick Reply: Need help 94 f150 wont start no fire and no fuel