Pre-1997 Models

Truck bucks and hesitates in between shifts. loss of power

Old 11-24-2015, 12:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck bucks and hesitates in between shifts. loss of power

1995 F150 5.8L 4x4 Auto Eddie Bauer

Brought my truck to a local shop to get my new adjustable alignment bushings installed because I installed a 2" daystar leveling kit. Morning of, she wouldn't start. Finally got her started then she died in traffic. Got to the shop and told the mechanic what was going on. He said it sounded like the pickup was going out so he would change it while the truck was there. Cool! Great! Go back the next day to pick up the truck and she started right up. But the whole way home she ran rough. Bucking. Hesitating in between shifts. Could barley make it up hills. Brought it back to him and told him to check the timing since he messed with the distributor. Timing was at 10 degrees. Everything checked out besides it throwing a lean code. So I either have too much air going in or not enough fuel going in. He told me to try putting pure gasoline in it because sometimes these older trucks don't take well to high levels of ethanol. I thought it was total bull**** since I always put regular gas in it but what the hell. So I get home, remove guts from the shrader valve on the fuel rail, attached a clear hose and trip the pumps to drain both tanks. I noticed bubbles in the hose. So im guessing theres a hole somewhere in the fuel lines letting air in. I didnt check the fuel pressure but im sure its low if Im seeing air in the fuel line. Whats going on???!!! are the fuel pumps crapping out? low voltage to pumps? corroded lines in tank? what? sorry post is so long. im just frustrated.

Old 11-24-2015, 05:12 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
Did you change the fuel filter?

Old 11-24-2015, 06:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes. that was kind of a PITA!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Truck bucks and hesitates in between shifts. loss of power