Pre-1997 Models

maf conversion 5.0 to 5.8 swap

Old 08-06-2015, 01:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
maf conversion 5.0 to 5.8 swap

i have a 95 ford f 150 4x4 5 speed with a 351 swapped in it as the 5.0 took a dump on me. it has shorty headers k&n intake, throttle body spacer new y pipe and new cat. Im running the stock 5.0 speed density computer. i pulled the 351 out of a 95 e 250 van pulled it apart cleaned it up real nice added new water pump, oil pump, timing chain, 3 new injectors and one new head as i snapped 3 manifold bolts in the old one, and i rebuilt the old head. i put it all together"took a month" turned the key fired right up.drove for an hour and went to dmv. passed inspection flying colors. now i wanna mod the motor. new cam and heads and possibly a new upper intake. what is the best way to go about swapping to maf. ive been reading alot about it but i cant find to many articles on doing it with a manual transmission. i intend on finding a harness so i can do alot of the wiring while i can still use the truck. once i pull the motor i can swap the harnesses and all the other goodies. i also wanna go slightly more aggressive than the e303 cam. id like to get my truck in the 400 plus horsepower range. any tips and advice are greatly appreciated.

Old 08-06-2015, 08:46 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Had to remove the second thread as only one thread per subject allowed.

Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: maf conversion 5.0 to 5.8 swap