Pre-1997 Models

i need help this truck is pissing me off

Old 09-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question i need help this truck is pissing me off

i have a 96 f150 with the 5.8 and e4od trans and its 4x4 when in park it runs for a few mins then the idle dies down and then shuts off and when i put it in gear and go to take off it acts like it has no power but then when i have it moving it acts like it has a miss but it runs like a champ and does not die on me i have tryed so many things i have i have put new plugs new trans fliter went over all vac lines for leaks and the check light flashs tryed pulling codes and it will not give me any thing this is the first time i have had a truck that has beat me up like this and what does that light flashing mean because its fine onces its out of 1st gear please help i have a big mud bog coming up here so and i need it back up and runing right my truck she is my mud toy and i miss her runing right here is what happen i took the motor and trans out to change the cab out because it was shot put the new cab on the truck and put every thing back together and have been having issues with it and it ran great before i took it out and did not do any thing to the motor or trans why it was out so i do not know whats going on please any ideas would be help full

Old 09-09-2012, 02:59 PM
glc
Received 754 Likes on 700 Posts
If your OBD2 scanner wont work the cig lighter fuse is probably blown you have to pull codes somehow to find a place to start troubleshooting otherwise its just going to be a crapshoot it would also be a lot easier to follow your post if you used some punctuation and broke it into sentences when was the last time you replaced the cap rotor and plug wires and fuel filter if the scanner is connecting and says there are no codes a flashing CEL means misfires

Last edited by glc; 09-09-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:35 PM
help

the lighter works and it has been awhile on the cap and rotor plug wires its been awhile and i have never change the fuel filter. i also found a bad plug today that was oil covered im taking that i have a bad valve seal or bad piston ring. i put a fuel cleaner and a oil add to it do day and it got better. it still is not right and as far as the light it will flash for a min then stops for a few mins then starts again is the a chance that it jumped timing a little to cause the miss fire

Old 09-09-2012, 09:39 PM
96 obd2. you need a scanner to pull codes.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:20 PM
help

i have tryed to and it will not give a reading on it so i do not know whats is going on

Old 09-10-2012, 02:27 PM
I would change cap and rotor and wires. Also, if you have never changed it, definitely change the fuel filter.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:17 PM
help

the wires are new i waiting on the cap and rotor to come in im going to upgade to msd cap and rotor and i justed put a new coil on it today and did not help any thing

Old 09-18-2012, 02:48 PM
help

can any one tell me the psi rating on the fuel pump for my truck not the psi at the rail only the pump

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: i need help this truck is pissing me off