Pre-1997 Models

Thanks

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 12:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks

Hey folks. Feel the need to throw out a special thanks to Hillbilly73 and Terrapinflyer. I was new to the truck and site. 89 f150 XLT Lariat 300 inline w/5 spd OD. I've done this... All OEM.. new EGR, Idol control valve, Fuel regulator and injectors, Starter, Alternator, plugs, wires, Distributor, coil, Battery, Brakes to the axles (everything). Brake lines front to back. New tires with a alignment. Exhaust from mani both cats and new muffler. Rear seal(not fun) and oil pan gasket. New shocks and replaced one leaf spring that had a crack. Radiator dipped and rodded then paint. all Vacuum hoses and radiator hoses upper and lower. She idles at 900 and runs straight down the road. The mileage is about 16-18 and after changing every single fuse on the truck the cruise works like the day it was sold. Oh yeah the starter went too. with the relay. I've ordered the exterior fuel pumps and will replace them when they get here. Goes to paint and body on the 5th and when its done will be installing all new rubber around the windows. Before paint a tow package for my tool trailer.(friday) I've got 5800.00 total in the truck after original auction price of owed taxes of 148.00. Farm auction. She's brand new. Hard to explain but I cant remember the last time a vehicle made me smile. Thanks to everyone who had input if I missed ya. Incredible site and people.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like a beautiful truck! Congratulations, I'm glad she makes you happy. Post some pictures if you can; I'm curious about before and after on the paint.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:56 AM
I'm working on it . I've got the pics but the sites limitations are going to take me a while to overcome shrinking one at a time. Original was brown and tan. all original trim is there plus wheels, beauty rings and center pieces. No and I repeat no body damage except the hood that sat under a loft and had wet hay on it for 10 years. Cheaper to replace than rework. Keep watching Ill get "before" on this weekend.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds fantastic! Keep us updated!

Old 03-01-2012, 09:29 AM
no problem man like to keep good ole ford on the road defiantly get them pics on here i wanna see how that bad boy turns out

Old 03-01-2012, 08:55 PM
Holy geez, Rehab! Wanna borrow my truck for a week? Lol. Sounds like you just got a whole lotta fun, enjoy it! Thanks alot for the thanks, I'm glad I may have played a part in your project. Hope to see you on here again, Peace, Dave.