Pre-1997 Models

Seat Lever Fix Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 03:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seat Lever Fix Question

Hi all. I'm new to these forums (I introduced myself in the transmission forum). My question is about the manual lever that reclines the '93 driver's seat. I bought the truck without the lever, exposing only the springs and hinge. What do I need to buy (and where) to get this recline/tilt to function? Common issue? Need tan/beige/mocha. PO said he had a pair of Vise-Grips on it, but I can't even see where they'd be attached. Any help?

TIA

Old 01-17-2010, 09:02 AM
Originally Posted by Filmy
Hi all. I'm new to these forums (I introduced myself in the transmission forum). My question is about the manual lever that reclines the '93 driver's seat. I bought the truck without the lever, exposing only the springs and hinge. What do I need to buy (and where) to get this recline/tilt to function? Common issue? Need tan/beige/mocha. PO said he had a pair of Vise-Grips on it, but I can't even see where they'd be attached. Any help?

TIA
If you can, post some pictures- that way we can see what you're seeing, and make it easier for someone to give you a fix....

Old 01-24-2010, 12:58 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Click my tan CV in my sig & read the captions in the Seats & Belts album. You might have to replace the seat base mechanism.

Old 02-04-2010, 03:06 PM
Okay, finally got the truck back to take some pics. Here's the broken/missing seat lever. Previous owner had some needle-nose Vise-Grips on it somewhere to make it work, but I can't see where the lever (or tool) would attach.

Am I in for an entirely new seat lever/hinge?

And while we're on the subject, what other seat combinations (and year models) will fit this truck? It's a 40-20-40 setup right now in the extended cab.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:52 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The vise grips would have been on that black chunk with 2 rivets just forward of the bottom coil spring. If you can get those rivets out & replace them with bolts, you can attach a fabricated lever. But it's not too much more work to just swap the recline mechanism. Have you looked thru those CV Seat pics yet?

All vehicle seats are designed around the same ergonomic ideal person, and most have basically flat mounting points, so almost anything can be made to fit. Just remember that the seat is part of the restraint system, so it has to be SOLIDLY attached to the floor.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:45 AM
Excellent info, Steve. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Seat Lever Fix Question