Pre-1997 Models

Diesel electronic engine swap on '94 F-150 2WD, impossible?

Old 05-28-2010, 10:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diesel electronic engine swap on '94 F-150 2WD, impossible?

Hello, newbie here from Colombia, South America.

I've been doing a lot of research lately trying to find the proper diesel engine to replace the gasser Windsor V8 302CID on my '94 F-150 with infamous E40D auto tranny I'd be gladful to replace as well. Read all about Cummins 4bt (3.9l, 4cyl) swaps posted on the net and still not convinced about that engine since "there's no replacement for displacement", as I read somewhere and also, thinking the F-150 deserves a little bit more than that.

So I found the diesel MWM Sprint 6.07 (4.2l, 6 cyl) engine that came with F-250's, Chevy Silverados and Grand Blazers, among others, in Brazil, Argentina and imported in Aussieland from Brazil from 1999 to 2002. Back then they were all entirely mechanical injection (if that term is correct), but the new ones come with electronic injection and that's a whole different deal and wiring config (as heard).

The good thing about the new ones is the Common Rail technology, that makes them way more efficient and less noisy and vibrating (something to love about the gasser engines), besides the obvious benefit of using a brand new engine.

So my question is, how hard would it be to swap an electronic engine on this pickup truck? Is the wiring that difficult? I'll leave some specs and pics of the MWM Sprint 6.07 (4.2l, 6 cyl)...thanks in advance!

This one is the electronic with Common Rail tech.

And this one is the non-electronic factory installed on a Chevy Grand Blazer in Brazil

Last edited by SteelHelmet; 05-28-2010 at 10:55 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:56 AM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
you'll want the complete donor vehicle and ford of your body style would be the easiest

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Diesel electronic engine swap on '94 F-150 2WD, impossible?