Pre-1997 Models

Wandering F150

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 06:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wandering F150

I have 94 F-150 and when im driving and hit a bump, it can be the littlest bump my pickup wants wander to one side or the other. I have replace tie rods ball joints radius arm bushings pivot bushing wheel bearing and the steering gear box. Nothing seemed to help. There is also a creaking noise when turning that started at this same time coming from the front end. Im running Yokohama 265/75 16 and it does have a 4" lift It started doing this years after the lift was installed. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Old 03-25-2015, 07:08 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
I'm hardly an expert on lifted trucks, but a vehicle that won't hold a straight line while in motion usually needs to have the castor adjusted in the front end. This is something that's normally done when you have the alignment checked and adjusted, and I note you did not say anything about doing that in your discussion of the other things you've done.

- Jack

Old 03-26-2015, 02:14 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The first step in an alignment is a thorough inspection of the vehicle to identify worn/damage components. Everything has to be right before it can be aligned. So take it an alignment shop & let them tell you what's wrong.

Creaking either means loose fasteners (lifts require maintenance), dry bushings, or rusty leaf springs. Try adding grease between the leaves. While you're down there, look for fine red powdery rust coming out of a joint or seam.

Also read the captions in this album:

Quick Reply: Wandering F150