Pre-1997 Models

Exhaust questions..

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 10:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust questions..

Hey guys i have my lifted 89 f150 that i have been trying to sell for some time now locally but have had no luck so ive decided to keep it and make it a full time mud truck. Some people are against this but kids will be kids. Anywyas the question i have is i plan on puttting a 5" stack out my hood(more for looks not sound, so i dont need any criticism on it)and i was looking at my regular exhaust setup now and notice taht theres like a sensor or wire of some sort goign into my catyltic converter. Do i need this to be hooked up? or can i jsut get rid of it i guess when i go to put it out the hood. Remember this wont be driving on the road so it doesnt have to be legal but will it hurt anything if i remove the cat and dont do anything with that sensor. please help

Old 03-24-2008, 10:05 PM
If you take it off, it will trip the SES (CE) light and if it is FI, the computer will probably make it run a bit crappy.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:09 PM
so what your saying if theres no way i can do it or what?

Old 03-26-2008, 01:16 AM
Sure you could remove it. I know on newer vehicles (OBD-II), you can just shut the O2 sensors off with a tuner. I just don't know what you could do with an older vehicle to keep anything like that from happening. You could always just disconnect it real quick and see what happens.

Old 03-26-2008, 01:56 AM
Possibly try making a new fitting for the sensor on the new exhaust setup, could make things slightly better. I've modified exhausts similar to this on cars and it actually didnt make any difference that i could notice but i always just put a spot for the sensor on the new exhaust.

Quick Reply: Exhaust questions..