Pre-1997 Models

95 302 V8 PCV valve removal

Old 03-05-2008, 09:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 302 V8 PCV valve removal

Ok, how in the world do you go about removing the pcv valve on a 95 302 V8 without cracking your wrists to get to it? And is there a pcv filter on this engine. Do not see where it fits in the air cleaner housing, or the oil filler cap. Also, any thoughts on a K&N fipk Generation 1 or 2 and which one to help with gas mileage. Do either of them help? Thanks again.

Last edited by earnedit3; 03-05-2008 at 10:14 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by earnedit3
Ok, how in the world do you go about removing the pcv valve on a 95 302 V8 without cracking your wrists to get to it? And is there a pcv filter on this engine. Do not see where it fits in the air cleaner housing, or the oil filler cap. Also, any thoughts on a K&N fipk Generation 1 or 2 and which one to help with gas mileage. Do either of them help? Thanks again.
A tiny robot is what comes to mind right now. You could always remove the upper plenum, but I'd use the traditional cuts and bruises method. Be ready to repair broken vacuum lines while you work back there - them dang things are brittle at this age. I dunno about a pcv filter, I'm thinking no on that. As for the K&N, I'm not sure there is any mileage savings to be gained at all (possibly will get worse). I'd say to look at spark if you want MPG gains. A nice high energy coil (I used Accel and loved it), FRPP Wires, and a set of fresh motorcraft plugs would be a better place to drop a few bucks and hope for results. Other than that, I can't think of any cost effective way to get mpg gains through mods. I got a 10% improvement on my old engine when I tuned with a hypertech, but that won't help you if are not OBDII / mass air.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 95 302 V8 PCV valve removal