Pre-1997 Models

Key/Headlight Buzzer not working

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 12:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Key/Headlight Buzzer not working

Howdy

Just bout this 95 F150 and key/light Buzzer isn’t working. I checked the fuse and its ok. I asked all the guys at AutoZone and Pep boys about it and they dont have a clue. I called a local Ford parts dept and they said they can order the part/buzzer for $65.00, Im just not sure thats really the problem. Anyone have any experience with this or know what else I can check besides the fuse?

Thanks
`B

Old 11-21-2007, 02:09 PM
The buzzer is located right above the gas pedal does it have power to it. It's a white box with 5 (I think) wires plugged into it. I have mine unplugged, after a while I got tired of it.

Old 11-24-2007, 11:50 AM
It's probably unplugged (if you bought the truck used) to start with. On XL trucks it is a very annoying constant buzzer, so many owners just unplugged it. There's a little white module tucked under the dash, closer to the driver's side from center. There's a harness connector that fits into it, so see if it's unplugged. If it is and still doesn't work, it's probably bad and would have to be replaced.

XLT's have a less annoying "chime" that dings until the lights are turned off. My truck doesn't care if the keys are left in, just if the lights are on.

Old 11-24-2007, 05:56 PM
I see a white connector.. it has 4 prongs on the top and 2 on the bottom. Im gonna look around and see if there is something that will plug into it. Thank you both for the help, I will let you know what I find.

`B

Old 11-24-2007, 10:35 PM
Well... I found it, and plugged it in...

All I can say is...
WHAT A WASTE OF TIME!!!! LOL
The has to be the most annoying sound in the world!!!

The main reason I wanted it to work was to keep me from leaving my lights on. When I leave for work its dark and by the time to get to work there is daylight. I have killed my battery 3 times since I got this truck. But the only time it buzzes @ you is when you start the truck or leave the keys in the ignition with the door open.

Well thanks for the help, hopefully this post will stop another unsuspecting victim from connecting it or better yet guide them on how to disconnect it, just like what I am about to go do. lol

Quick Reply: Key/Headlight Buzzer not working