Pre-1997 Models

92 F150 mods

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 03:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
92 F150 mods

My GF has a 92 F150 w/5.0 and she was asking do thay put chips in it?.
What are some HP mods that I can aford. I realy dont want to spend any money on her truck. But mine thats another story. Her truck is bone stock. Any idias, Please help

Old 11-14-2005, 07:46 PM
Any computer can be chipped. Look around on the internet to see if one is available. In no chip is being made for it you can still have one programmed at a speed shop or you can mail your computer to a company like superchips and they will make one for you with about a 2 day turn around time. As for other mods the 5.0 is a popular engine for perfromance upgrades, start with some sort of cold air intake, headers and a cat back exhaust.

-Jon

Old 11-14-2005, 09:41 PM
I've heard the fuel injection system on this generation of Ford trucks wasn't receptive to mods. I'd probably go with keeping a clean air filter in it, upgrading the ignition and putting an exhaust in, that's probably as much as I'm going to do to my own Bronco (and I'm known as something of a hot rodder...). Also, your best bang for the buck is gears. Going from stock 3.55's to 3.73's or 4.10's can make a huge difference for ca. $400 installed, most muscle car guys swear by this mod. I've also thought about wrapping the intake air tubes in header wrap to keep the intake charge cooler. Another thing you can do is advance the ignition timing a couple of degrees, but be careful not to go too far with it. Electric radiator fan can reduce the parasitic drag on the engine, and also gives you the option of installing a switch inside to control when the fan's on and off instead of switching it on the thermostat.

Aside from that, the Ford 302 is perhaps one of the most infinitely modifiable engines ever built, along with the 351W, SBC and BBC, and perhaps some of those Honda engines. Having had a 302 in my Mustang, I can tell you the amount of performance parts is almost bewildering, and it's a tough engine that responds well to tuning.

Old 11-15-2005, 06:20 PM
92 150's handle mods fine, mine's heavy modded, and it runs its *** off

Quick Reply: 92 F150 mods