Pre-1997 Models

broken interior door handle

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 08:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question broken interior door handle

I'm new to the forum. I have a short-bed styleside 1996 XLT inline 6 (same model in 1995 was a Lariat) Recently, the driver side interior access handle broke off (composite plastic) while trying to open the door from inside. Would like to make the replacement myself. Parts from dealer? Also... removal procedure for removing the door panel. Suggestions?

Old 10-02-2005, 10:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi and welcome well actually it was one of the FEW design flaws in theese models i have replace several in mine before buying a new peice that the handle screws to from the dealer to solve it for good but just the other day i saw a cable on ebay that was designed to deal with the issue of slack in the part its slightly shorter but on my current truck i cleaned and oiled the peice and havent had any trouble in about a year but if replacing the handle is all you plan to do i got to the point i dont even take the panel off just use an ext and a socket its one small screw holding it in place which isnt bad at all to get to but i have a feeling if you dont address the reason its breaking you'll be replacing quite a few yourself lol good luck

Daniel

Quick Reply: broken interior door handle