Pre-1997 Models

That's What I Get For Being a Dumbass...

Old 08-21-2005, 05:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry That's What I Get For Being a Dumbass...

Took the f-150 on some wet mud, not muddy just moist dirt that was alittle bit slick, myself and my buddies when we were moving a buddies girlfriend that is. It was just off a gravel road and I was just messing around, nothing harcore in a small level. Just goosed it alittle into the field and hit a small furrow at like 25mph or so and when the rear end came down off this tiny litle thing it broke loose and the whole thing went squirelly. I've driven off road etc ALOT and know how to handle it but this was alot for nothing and I got out of the field and the truck was idleing like **** and the ABS light was on. I drove to a parking lot and the tranny was just slamming gears all over the place. Parked and let it idle, the miss was back and now she's surging. Looked underneath and the t-case is off atleast two bolt, both drive shafts are not at happy angles and I am sure the tranny isn't pleased. The brake lines in back are drooping and there is alot of play in the suspension. SOB! my Jeep is dead and the Cobra suckes 93oct like noting! This blows, yes I was being stupid but damn it I coulda taken my Cobra in the dirt and not broken anything! (not that I ever would)

John

Last edited by NIUPonyBoy; 08-21-2005 at 05:07 AM.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:21 AM
Talking

Well it sounds like you got the Constant Miss on #2 and **** Poor Idle fixed.
Now you have broken motor mounts, wire off your RABS sensor and pulled brake lines.
Nows the time to sell the 03 FX4 for a 88-96 F150.

Last edited by subford; 08-21-2005 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Add Info
Old 08-21-2005, 09:05 AM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
yeah, check to see if the wire came off the VSS sensor on the rear diff. Will cause all kinks of problems.

Adrianspeeder

Old 08-21-2005, 02:46 PM
argh!

Old 08-22-2005, 06:06 PM
wow , i do a lot of stupid stuff like that, i have never broke nothin major just put the fenders into brush and small trees but i hope i never break anything like that, if i do ill have to back to drivin the ol ranger

Old 08-25-2005, 02:42 PM
How fun the f150 is up on jack stands in back as I pull out the t-case, drive shafts and rear end. What a PITA.

Old 08-25-2005, 11:07 PM
Wink

Eating enough of this type of PITA will either have the effect of curbing your tendency to play in the dirt, or channeling that tendency into a dedicated dirt truck that is not your primary transportation. Said dirt truck might also grow heavy duty parts if you keep breaking things...

Just say - when I want to go offroad in the woods I fire up my

...2 wheel drive

...diesel (3 cylinders, 50ish HP)

...tractor.

Which happens to be a Ford. Top speed of 18mph, never had it anywhere near that, hardly ever get out of low range. 16.9X28 rear tires, and a backhoe for when you somehow manage to get those stuck. Of course, it will kill me quick if I'm dumb enough to roll it over, so I rarely push it hard enough to get it stuck. It can build a dandy road I'm happy to drive my truck on.

In real life, trucks don't do the sort of things they do in movies and live to drive again without a whole lot of shop time that's missing from the movies...and there's no such thing as a "little, tiny furrow" at 25MPH.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: That's What I Get For Being a Dumbass...