Pre-1997 Models

Johnny Unitas' personal 1986 F150!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 12:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Johnny Unitas' personal 1986 F150!!

This F150 belonged to the late Johnny Unitas of the Baltimore Colts!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...952644626&rd=1

Here is a quote from the seller:

"John Unitas' Personal 1986 Ford F-150. This is the NFL Hall of Fame Quarterback John Unitas of the Baltimore Colts. This is the pick up that John owned when he died suddenly.

I bought it at a Dealer Auction shortly thereafter. I just had to have it once I sat behind the wheel and realized that John had sat there for forty or so thousand miles.

I have kept it in my showroom since. Included in the Auction are the following:

* 1986 Ford-F150 Pick Up with 91K miles(John bought is used with 52K on it), 300 straight six and auto trans, bedliner, Am-Fm cassette, bench seat, and full gages and a Blue light under the dash( Colts colors blue/white).

*The Md Title in John's Name

*Two registrations in John's Name

*A Bill from Hillen Tires for the same 2 tires on the truck for $161.40

*The Actual Credit Card Receipt Signed by John for the $161.40 with the corresponding date! (This is John's In-The-World Signature

*A pair of John's work gloves

*A steel horseshoe which I found wedged under the seat with the left glove. It looked like it was wedged in such a way so as not to rattle

*A nearly empty can of chewing tobacco and a spit bottle 1/4 full of you know what."

Figured there may be a few out there that might be interested in this.

Old 02-08-2005, 07:24 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I met John Unitas when I was about 10 years old. He owned the Sheraton hotel where my mom worked, she brought me down to meet him one day and he gave me an autographed picture. Still have it hanging on the wall 30 years later.

Quick Reply: Johnny Unitas' personal 1986 F150!!