Pre-1997 Models

Fuel Pump

Old 04-08-2004, 07:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel Pump

ARE the fuel pump relay and fuse for fuel pump located in power dist box ?? 1992 f-150 300. When i turn key i can hear pump or relay for couple second's . Not getting any fuel from filter on engine side of filter when key on. Thank's

Old 04-08-2004, 08:23 AM
What you hear is not the relay, that would be a very soft click if you could hear it at all; you hear the pump pressurizing the system. If you're not getting fuel out of the filter there is blockage somewhere in the fuel line between the pump and the filter outlet. The most obvious possibility is the filter although it's unusual for one to suddenly clog completely. Filters are cheap enough and need to be changed occasionally anyhow. I'd pull the filter and with it removed turn the key on for a couple of seconds to see if the fuel system will pee in a bucket. If it does simply put in a new filter and you're done. If not, work your way upstream till you find the problem.

Old 04-08-2004, 01:13 PM
Fuel pressure

I dont have any fuel pressure with filter removed from 1or 2 tank. Only getting noise from back tank with key on. Checked relay +fuse in power Dist Box ,every thing look,s good. Look's like maybe tank removal . I have been only on back tank for use.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fuel Pump