Pre-1997 Models

F150 Vacuum lines???

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 05:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went to look at the truck I was going to buy.

Glad I checked the vacuum before buying it. The guy selling the truck is a total douch. He said and I quote, "it runs great and burns no oil, like new tires, no leaks, has a four speed auto, plenty enough speed for the highway (70+) and is pleasure to drive, I would have no problem driving it to either coast. With the condition of this truck, my asking price is really a steal." Get there, the engine needs rings, the rear tires are dry rotted retreads with 1/3rd useable tread, the fronts have less tread, tranny is a three speed with leaking front and rear seals, chips and two foot long cracks in the driver's side windshield, then he tells me it would only do about 65 mph before winding out. The tailpipe was coated with carbon. I could hardly believe my eyes or test equipment. This jerk had me spend over $450.00 to travel 1750 miles to look at this piece of crap. The only good thing about the truck was the aluminum body and shelving.

I was taught police officers were supposed to be honest and trustworthy.

Last edited by skypilot_one; 03-15-2009 at 06:44 AM. Reason: made sure I quoted him correctly

Quick Reply: F150 Vacuum lines???