Pre-1997 Models

Y'all are always asking/wondering

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 07:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Y'all are always asking/wondering

Y'all are always asking/wondering how to get more fuel into the cylinders to increase performance , well i believe i have a solution for y'all without it costing anything altho it does hurt your gas mileage . there are two small water lines (hoses ) that go through the throttle body to preheat the air going through it . if you remove these and loop it back upon itself so the water doesn't go through the throttle body the motor will think it is colder then what it really is and therefor pump more fuel into the cylinders.i had one of them fittings break off and i did just that not as a performance mod but as one of "i ain't got $250 to replace a TB" mod .lol.... my fuel mileage has suffered alot but i have noticed an increase in power . of course i am working on a fix for the fitting so i can get my better fuel mileage back but i thought i would share this info with y'all .............lol

Old 03-24-2003, 06:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah there are lots of ways to do that, thats basically what the superchips do, they modify the iat and coolant temp signals to make the engine run slightly richer, as well as changine shift points and timing. The problem with bypassing stuff is that if it runs too rich everything will get carboned up.

-Jon