need tires asap

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 10:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need tires asap

Anybody got a hook up on tires 17s the thinner. The better txt me anytime. 7134592731

Old 01-24-2013, 08:24 PM
Go to any local tire shop in your area (no chain stores). They have lots of take-offs, and some buy the tires off stuff that goes to the scrap yard from a wreck, etc. And they negotiate. It's real easy to find stuff with 75%-90% tread at dirt cheap prices. As long as you aren't overly picky about an oddball size no one else buys.

I run the biggest Goodyear Wrangler A/T's that will fit on my truck. Local Walmart's retail is $275 each. I bought them used 40k mi ago for $50 each (mounted and balanced!) and they aren't close to worn out yet. Even had a somewhat fresh date code.

Old 09-18-2016, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by fcbunicef
Anybody got a hook up on tires 17s the thinner. The better txt me anytime. 7134592731
I have a brand new set of Hankook M+S take off tires size is 255/60R17. they would not work on my top heavy van. I have photos tires have about 1000 miles on them. $100 each. I paid $800 for a set of new 17" tires to replace these.

Attached Thumbnails need tires asap-4.jpg   need tires asap-1.jpg   need tires asap-image7.jpg  
Old 09-18-2016, 08:12 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
Originally Posted by Frankenstein81
Go to any local tire shop in your area (no chain stores). They have lots of take-offs, and some buy the tires off stuff that goes to the scrap yard from a wreck, etc. And they negotiate. It's real easy to find stuff with 75%-90% tread at dirt cheap prices. As long as you aren't overly picky about an oddball size no one else buys.

I run the biggest Goodyear Wrangler A/T's that will fit on my truck. Local Walmart's retail is $275 each. I bought them used 40k mi ago for $50 each (mounted and balanced!) and they aren't close to worn out yet. Even had a somewhat fresh date code.
I admire your money management! My army buddy way back when bought used tires really cheap like that for his hot rod 55 chevy. He even bought his car cheap. It had a highly modified 283 V8 that had a main bearing knock. He got it really cheap, pulled the engine, replaced the crank and main bearings and got it running great for a little price. Back then (1968)he could get a reground crank for $25 from the machine shop that did work for the Army craft shop. At the time we were Private First Class bringing home about $125/month! The good ole days weren't that good!!

Quick Reply: need tires asap