Fort Worth - DFW - 09+ SuperCrew people

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 10:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Fort Worth - DFW - 09+ SuperCrew people

This is a feeler of sorts...

I'm looking for a set of the OE 5" angular running boards.

Anyone interested in trading them for a set of N-Fab Stainless wheel to wheel (for 5.5') bars?

If so, PM me.

Thanks.

Name:  29583e2d.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  73.4 KB

Name:  6fe2ce5c.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  78.2 KB

Old 08-03-2014, 10:58 PM
I might take you up on this offer. I dont care for the chrome finish on those. Do you know if it can be sanded and sprayed with bed liner?
I think I have the steps you are looking for. Let me know if these are the ones you are looking for.

Old 08-03-2014, 11:04 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
yea if they were black i'd be all over them in a heart beat

Name:  20140707_062816.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  363.4 KB

Old 08-06-2014, 01:01 PM
Hi guys...

They are polished Stainless, not chrome. I was living up north at the time I bought them and did not want to go with painted/powder coated/chromed mild steel because I knew they would end up looking like crap in a short amount of time no matter what I did. I went with SS to avoid any issues with that.

Yes they can be painted, powdercoated, or bedlinered. My original plan was to have them Line-Xed just like my bed, bed corners behind the rear bumper, and my tow hitch, but the Line-X guy (personal friend) actually talked me out of it and convinced me to leave it as is.

We did have the whole "how-to" conversation though and he told me that if I really wanted them sprayed, they would first need scuffed up (sanded or sand blasted), then primed with a good automotive primer, then they would be ready for Line-X and it would be just as durable as the stuff in the bed.

The type of steps I'm actually looking for are the 5" oval, chromed (might be stainless - not sure) with the black step pads at each door. The front and rear ends of the bar curve in slightly... They are the type you see on probably 75% or better of the SuperCrews out there. (everything with a chrome grille and bumpers)

These:

Oh, and just for the record, there is nothing wrong with mine, I just want to change the look up a little.

And to be completely honest, I'm kind of up in the air about what I want to do. I prefer look of no bars at all but, the wife and kiddos require them. Since they have to stay, I am wanting to soften the look some. I can't decide if I want the bars above or if I want to just run CARR Super Hoops all around.

Old 08-14-2014, 12:37 PM
PM sent.

Old 08-16-2014, 05:50 PM
Guess not. Thanks for ignoring my PM's

You could have at least responded and told me you weren't interested. But hey, thanks for blowing me off.

Old 08-16-2014, 07:05 PM
Whoa, calm down there killer.

This thread has been up for 2.5 months, I'm sorry if it took me just over 48hrs to respond.

Truth is, I saw you had one post, did not know if you would be back, so I was planning to call. Both times I thought to contact you, it was after 8pm when you asked not to call... so I was trying to respect that.

I'll PM you in a bit... I literally just got home and the kids are hollering for dinner.

Old 08-16-2014, 07:05 PM
Whoa, calm down there killer.

This thread has been up for 2.5 months, I'm sorry if it took me just over 48hrs to respond.

Truth is, I saw you had one post, did not know if you would be back, so I was planning to call. Both times I thought to contact you, it was after 8pm when you asked not to call... so I was trying to respect that.

I'll PM you in a bit... I literally just got home and the kids are hollering for dinner.

Old 08-22-2014, 06:07 PM
Deal is done.

Thanks Brian 22.

Thanks F150online.

Quick Reply: Fort Worth - DFW - 09+ SuperCrew people