The Outdoors Off-roading, Hunting, Fishing, Camping, and Weaponry. What are you out doing in your F-Series?

All terrain tires

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 06:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All terrain tires

Looking for a good long lasting all terrain tire. Want something with a little bit more aggressive look. There are going on my 03 f150 with 315/75/R16 tires.

Old 04-30-2014, 12:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You want a long lasting, high quality, good looking all terrain tire, go with the BFGoodrich All Terrain TA. Its overall look is a bit old school, but mean, they grab great in all but the worst mud that even some mud tires struggle with, they drive great on the road and they wear like iron.

Big drawback is they are a bit spendy...

Old 04-30-2014, 06:25 PM
I have General Grabber AT2s on my truck ive had it since October and I like em similar to the BFGs. ive had em in the snow here in pa not much dirt but they seem to preform well in what ive drove my truck through wear is good also.

Old 04-30-2014, 07:04 PM
Really loving the Hankook Dynapro AT/M's in same size.

Nothing against BFG's or any others though. I like to be a little bit different.

Old 05-01-2014, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by Simply67X
Really loving the Hankook Dynapro AT/M's in same size.

Nothing against BFG's or any others though. I like to be a little bit different.
Yeah, part of the reason I went with Hercules Trail Digger MTs on mine... They look awesome and I get a lot of inquiries about them... Most folks have never even heard of Hercules Tires outside of trailers... They make a great tire for sure, and are priced right...

Old 05-04-2014, 09:42 PM
Well I was thinking about getting the general red letter tires. I like them and Iv heard good about them. I don't personally care for the looks of the bfg's. I also was gonna look at the kumho mt tire. Iv heard a lot of good about them too.

Old 05-07-2014, 11:58 PM
Check out Tire Rack surveys online for more information. The General Grabber Red Letter tires are for off road use in desert areas of the South West. They are not AT tires. They have a softer tire composition which means less miles. They are not that great in rain or snow. They look good. If you want something that's aggressive and lasts then check out the BFG Mud-Terrain T/A KM2. They look awesome. They get great ratings with over 4,000,000 total miles reported. Tire Rack sells your size for $317 each.

Hope this helps...

Old 05-09-2014, 07:53 AM
Okay then I'll defently do some more looking. Thanks for that piece of information.

Old 05-09-2014, 05:40 PM
I have almost 60,000 miles on my BFG All Terrain TAs. They still have descent amount of tread left, but I am beginning to research for a good AT tire that isn't as $$$. So far the Falken Rocky Mountain ATS and the Cooper Discoverer ATP have caught my attention.

Old 05-10-2014, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by dbhost
You want a long lasting, high quality, good looking all terrain tire, go with the BFGoodrich All Terrain TA. Its overall look is a bit old school, but mean, they grab great in all but the worst mud that even some mud tires struggle with, they drive great on the road and they wear like iron.

x2 I'm on my second set and they're all around great tires.

Old 05-11-2014, 11:56 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
The TOYO AT 2 it is a rather new tire , not many have tried it, do yourself a favor and at least check it out before you buy. I put them on our 06 150 4x4 about 1 1/2 yrs ago,loved them amazing in snow and mud. Bought a new 13 and at 26 miles on odometer put them on it. Great ride, handles mud and snow great and so far only about 10,000 on 06 and 5,000 on 13 but ware very well. Just my 2 cents

Old 05-13-2014, 09:49 AM
I will but I think I might get the Kelly Safari TSR tires.

Old 05-13-2014, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by dbhost

Agree^^

Old 09-24-2014, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by 36fan
I have almost 60,000 miles on my BFG All Terrain TAs. They still have descent amount of tread left, but I am beginning to research for a good AT tire that isn't as $$$. So far the Falken Rocky Mountain ATS and the Cooper Discoverer ATP have caught my attention.
Well...my had was forced and I had to get new tires this weekend. The BFG ATs served me well and had a little over 60,000 miles on them. I would've put another set on, but it would've cost ~$1,300.

I was shining my truck up to pull a trailer full of my Cub Scouts for our local parade the next day , and discovered a gash in the sidewall,. The sidewall would form a knot when the gash was down with the weight of the truck on it, and if you pulled the sidewall back, you could see the cords Instead of risking my scouts (and me) trying to get 3,000-4,000 miles out of the BFGs, I rushed off on Friday evening had 4 new tires put on.

I ended up getting the Cooper ATPs. With the replacement warranty, it cost ~$920. So far I've been impressed - even though they are 'E' rated, they are quieter and smoother than the BFGs (which were starting to hum as they wore down).

...and you better believe they were the shiniest and sexiest damn tires in the parade!

Old 07-20-2015, 09:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Was using Wrangler Dura -Tracs.
Great tires for where I am in NM, but they starting to loose chunks of tread on these gravely roads after 2 years and lots of tread left.
Just got a deal on Kenda Klevers,$663 intsalled. Very aggressive and a bit noisy.
Larger size,but fits easy in wells. Lost some mpg and a bit of power,but I do not think I will get stuck.

Quick Reply: All terrain tires