The Outdoors Off-roading, Hunting, Fishing, Camping, and Weaponry. What are you out doing in your F-Series?

Aaaaawwwwwwe

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 09:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink Aaaaawwwwwwe

When do you think?

Old 09-17-2015, 09:31 AM
Wink

A few more over several weeks.

Old 09-17-2015, 09:34 AM
Wink

Uh Oh.... Watch Out!

Old 09-18-2015, 09:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good looking pictures, looks like your blind is in the perfect spot. Maybe that coyote will let you have a shot at him. I haven't had time to put up any trail cams this year, so I will be going in blind opening day. I guess it could be a good thing though. Nobody has set foot on my property since probably March, so the deer should be comfortable with moving around in the daytime.

Old 09-19-2015, 09:37 AM
Wink

Staying clear as much as possible is surely a good thing. But the curiosity makes it sooooo hard. In 2010, I started with two Bushnell trail cams that my sister already had. Good basic cameras with time stamp. Those two originals went bad that year. So I bought two Bushnell Trophy cams to replace them. Good basic cameras. But then I got the Bug. So in the summer of '11 I bought two StealthCam Archers Choice, and two Wildgame Innovations ir10x cams with wifi. That season I was having a real problem with tresspassers. One of the Archer choices was stolen. I knew who copped it, but couldn't prove it. But I let the guy know I had his number. In '12, I bought another Archers Choice to replace it, and two StealthCam NXT Gen IR cameras, which were updated versions of the AC's.... Along with......four lock boxes, and four Python cables. Still didn't have enough cameras. So then in '13 I bought two StealthCam Unit X OPs No-Glow trail cams. So at that point I had Ten trail cams. Present Day...this past June the two Bushnells went "Kaput" at the same time. And for some reason, one of the Wildgame Innovation ir10x Infrared flash quite working. So I am now at 7 1/2 working cameras. I see two more in my near future. Top choices are....the new 2015 Bushnell Aggressor HD in either IR or No-Glow. Both are impressive, but up there at 180.00-200.00 retail. And I'm also considering the '14 StealthCam G30, or G42NG. Both are a bit less money. So we'll see......

Bucks from 2012

Coyote's in 2011

Coyotes in 2012

Coyotes in 2013.

Didn't spy a Coyote in '14. But did spy a Bear!!

Last edited by Scarlet; 09-19-2015 at 09:39 AM.
Old 09-19-2015, 10:08 AM
Question

What do you make of this?

Added a deer from a diff. pic from same area for size comparison.

Cropped in..

Last edited by Scarlet; 09-19-2015 at 10:14 AM.
Old 09-19-2015, 09:06 PM
Running cameras is definitely fun. I would love to do it more, but it is hard to find the time while going to school and being an hour from my land. As far as the cameras go, I love the moultries. My dad has 2 or 3 of the moultrie m80s from a few years ago, and they are great cameras. They can go a year on a set of AA batteries, which is quite impressive compared to the old cameras we have that run off of D batteries. And the picture quality is great. And for that last set of pictures, looks like a big ol gray fox to me. The head does kind of look like a mountain lion, which I think is what you were hinting at? I don't think the size or coloring is right though.

Here's a few pics from 2013 on our moultrie cams.

Name:  PICT0006_zpsvxpbxied.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  178.4 KB

Name:  PICT0277_zps6ey9bpp5.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  155.2 KB

Name:  PICT0112_zpsqth0094s.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  334.5 KB

Name:  PICT0073_zpsepqvigbh.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  309.5 KB

Name:  PICT0057_zpstyrt5qjg.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  191.9 KB

Old 09-20-2015, 09:39 AM
Question

Coolness. Like those. There are a lot of nice trail cams out today. So hard to choose. I like the Bushnell and StealthCams because that's what I'm familiar with. I'm sure my last series of pic.'s isn't a "cat". Mountain Lions', Bobcats' are much further west then where I'm at. It's not the right shape/color to be a Bobcat either. Red Foxs' here look like a Red Fox and are smaller here. It could possibly be a Grey Fox, all though we have never seen one here before. It's probably a Coyote, being so far from the camera, trigger speed.....? The Bear one, Bear are very rare around here. That one picture is only the second one I've taken in 5-6 years.

A little Red Fox

Grey Fox pic. from the Net.. Just for kicks...

Do you know how hard it was to find a Mountain Lion pic that I could use as a comparison.....Obviously not it...But that Head/Neck area gets me?...

Last edited by Scarlet; 09-20-2015 at 09:50 AM.
Old 09-20-2015, 10:55 AM
Yeah the head/neck sure does look like a mountain lion. So many people from Georgia would swear up and down that it is one. You would be surprised at the pictures people try to pass off around here as being a mountain lion, just to say that they got a picture of one. Like, pictures that are obviously bobcats, coyotes, foxes etc. I think it is definitely a gray fox or a coyote. The colors on it look just right to be a fox, but then again, coyotes come in many different color patterns.

Old 09-25-2015, 09:28 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
A buddy of mine had his trail cams set up and a group of his friends got liquored-up one afternoon and decided to go out on his property last fall and take all their clothes off and ramble around so they leave him some "interesting" shots when he checked in!

Not sure if that's a or a -- let's just hope for his wife it wasn't a