The Outdoors Off-roading, Hunting, Fishing, Camping, and Weaponry. What are you out doing in your F-Series?

pics please!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 11:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pics please!!!!!!

I have a 05 super crew 4x4 and Iam about to put a sixinch lift on.What imwondering is should i go with leveling kit on top of the 6inch kit or just go body lift?I want to run either 37's or 38's.I would love to see some pics of 37's or bigger and what yall had to do to clear.My truck will be put in the mud, so i need a setup that can take a pretty good beatin down in the GA clay.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:39 AM
Check the tire and wheel forum but I believe you have to have a body lift to fit 37's. Ask wandell. He would know.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:46 AM
on a diff. sight i was told that with a 6inch kit and trimming 37's would fit or i could do a 6 with leveling kit and no trimming.I would rather go with 38's but if i can clear without a body lift ill settle with 37's to save some money.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:54 AM
your gonna blow up that ifs if you plan to wheel it hard with 38s, 35s push it. I have 95 that i took the TTB out of and SAS with a 78 Dana 44 high pinion because in mass all we have is mud. and i was breaking stuff left and right, soon swaping my stuff to 1tons. just sayin

Old 10-22-2009, 01:06 AM
Originally Posted by 95murph
your gonna blow up that ifs if you plan to wheel it hard with 38s, 35s push it. I have 95 that i took the TTB out of and SAS with a 78 Dana 44 high pinion because in mass all we have is mud. and i was breaking stuff left and right, soon swaping my stuff to 1tons. just sayin
Ill be fine i know a ton of people running 38's on ifs and i ran 39's on my ttb bronco with no prob.I know a guy with 38x15r15 boggers on an ifs tahoe and his rearend has blown twice but the ifs is still running strong.If you do it right Ifs is alot tougher then most people give credit.with good mainence and a little bit of brains while offroad(skinny pedal doesnt fix everything) and you can keep them going.

Old 10-22-2009, 03:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm running 37's on a 6" w/somewhat cranked coilovers. And I've broken; 4-5 different hubs, 1 t-case, front rack and pinion housing cracked in half, and now the front driveshaft is binding because the front diff is mounted using rubber bushings that have since failed and allowed the diff to tilt like a *****.

I don't mean to **** on your parade, but you also have to give credit where credit is due and there are inherent weaknesses in our IFS.

Last edited by Josiah; 12-28-2009 at 02:08 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:41 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by mud_slinger18
Ill be fine i know a ton of people running 38's on ifs and i ran 39's on my ttb bronco with no prob.I know a guy with 38x15r15 boggers on an ifs tahoe and his rearend has blown twice but the ifs is still running strong.If you do it right Ifs is alot tougher then most people give credit.with good mainence and a little bit of brains while offroad(skinny pedal doesnt fix everything) and you can keep them going.
Your gonna tear your ***** apart if you mud hard.

Old 10-22-2009, 07:27 PM
things happen parts break.All im saying is nothings gonna break that i cant fix.Everything breaks eventually,but thats why they have part stores.Its not like the front end is just gonna fall out fromunder my truck(knock on wood),and even if it does sas it and move on.

Old 10-22-2009, 07:38 PM
I know theres alot of people who dont agree with 37's and 38's on ifs but can we get back to what the thread is about those who do run big tires on ifs and pics of there trucks.I dont want to start a big discussion on the parts that might break,I know what im gettin in too.I just want to see some pics of some nice trucks runnin 37+ tires

Old 10-23-2009, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by mud_slinger18
I have a 05 super crew 4x4 and Iam about to put a sixinch lift on.What imwondering is should i go with leveling kit on top of the 6inch kit or just go body lift?I want to run either 37's or 38's.I would love to see some pics of 37's or bigger and what yall had to do to clear.My truck will be put in the mud, so i need a setup that can take a pretty good beatin down in the GA clay.
i know a guy that has 37's on a 6in. lift with a lot of trimming but you can fit 37's with an 8in. lift. so a spacer will allow you to fit them. 38's i would say that you need at least 9in.s so a body lift for 38's.

Originally Posted by 95murph
no he won't. take look in my galleries, i have yet to break a single part on my truck in about 50k miles. and i've had my fabtech lift on from day one.

Originally Posted by cletusjermal
Your gonna tear your ***** apart if you mud hard.
once again no he won't. and plus you are bound to break parts if you offroad eventually. as a matter of fact most of the trucks i see that break on the trail are sas'ed trucks.

Old 10-23-2009, 05:18 PM

Losing a hub is going to happen! But if that's all you end up having to "pay to play", it's well worth the memories. Let's just boil it down to if you treat it like a POS it's going to turn into a POS.

Last edited by Josiah; 12-28-2009 at 02:09 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:05 PM
IFS + big tires plus wheeling = hahahaha.

ripped my suspension off the frame. But i actually OFFROAD, not a puddle jumper.

But continue to defend something that is obviously weak.

any way DONT run 37's on just a 6" with trimming, when you do take it puddle jumpin you will rub BAD. go with a body lift or leveling kit (i perfer body lift as it doesnt put so much stress on the already weak ball joints) plus body lifts on the F150's are easy to hide.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:27 PM
Heres mine 6" suspension, coilovers cranked 2", 3" body with 38's
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 10-25-2009, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by 4.2trimble
IFS + big tires plus wheeling = hahahaha.

ripped my suspension off the frame. But i actually OFFROAD, not a puddle jumper.

But continue to defend something that is obviously weak.

any way DONT run 37's on just a 6" with trimming, when you do take it puddle jumpin you will rub BAD. go with a body lift or leveling kit (i perfer body lift as it doesnt put so much stress on the already weak ball joints) plus body lifts on the F150's are easy to hide.
i am in no way saying that ifs is better, i was just saying that it isn't like the moment you leave the road on 37's or 38's with ifs everything just goes to hell like most people say lol.

oh and i wasn't saying that he should do 37's on a 6in. lift i just said that i know someone that does.

oh and i don't "puddle jump" as you say. i go through county mud bogs and stuff like that and i have never broken anything on my truck. my pictures show it.
i just don't know what you mean by real offroading.

once again though, i wasn't knockin it, just don't think people give it enough credit..

Old 10-30-2009, 08:10 PM
IORf150 and dilloncawthon sweet trucks guys they both look great.And from the pics it looks like they do pretty good offroad.Lets see some more ifs beast turning 38's!!!

4.2trimble no offense but its not suprising you ripped your suspension off you are running like 20 inches of lift with 40's.Your tires are sitting a couple feet below the frame.If your were to get stuck in some of the spots around here theres no way you would get pulled out without losing an axle.dont get me wrong it looks well built but lower it a bit you dont need that much lift to run 40's

Quick Reply: pics please!!!!!!