The Outdoors Off-roading, Hunting, Fishing, Camping, and Weaponry. What are you out doing in your F-Series?

Off roading place

Old 09-23-2008, 04:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Off roading place

a weak ago i was on here and i saw some nice pictures of someone offroading in tucson, az.
does anyone know where this place is at? i live around there and i was thinking of taking a trp that way..
tia

Old 09-29-2008, 02:58 PM
I am a CA boy, not familiar with your area as well as some will be. I do go out for a Zuk meeting once a year. AZ is known as an offroad mecca ! Trails out number paved roads something like 40:1. Go online, or buy yourself a book and you can find some. ZuksofAZ is an off road club that wheel out there often. Hope that helps some

Old 10-01-2008, 09:39 AM
does anybody no any offroading spots in new jersey?

Old 10-01-2008, 11:43 AM
here is a place for bikes and quads:

http://www.njorvp.org/

get involved with some local clubs. Usually great people, and they will know where to wheel
http://www.off-road.com/offroad/arti....jsp?id=286537

http://www.njfourwheelers.com/main.html

You can also visit Pirate4x4.com and read some posts there. They have a section dedicated to each area, you can check down in there, see what people post about NJ. You could also do some searching there and see what comes up. A wealth of off-road know-how lives there. Good luck

Old 10-01-2008, 01:29 PM
The place in Tucson that you saw pics of i believe was Mt. Lemon. Beautiful place, good camping and off roading. I think there are trails all around there...

Old 10-01-2008, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by MercedesTech
You can also visit Pirate4x4.com and read some posts there. They have a section dedicated to each area, you can check down in there, see what people post about NJ. You could also do some searching there and see what comes up. A wealth of off-road know-how lives there. Good luck

Pirate = king

A word of caution, unless you want a new *** hole ripped open do ALOT of reading on Pirate first before posting. Remember the search button over there is your friend because there is more info there on 4x4 than about anywhere else on the web. Dumbass newb comments aren't tolerated there, well at least it used to be that way. I really do miss the old Pirate. I always looked forward to Scott and Proelitor's posts.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by powerstroke73
Pirate = king

A word of caution, unless you want a new *** hole ripped open do ALOT of reading on Pirate first before posting. Remember the search button over there is your friend because there is more info there on 4x4 than about anywhere else on the web. Dumbass newb comments aren't tolerated there, well at least it used to be that way. I really do miss the old Pirate. I always looked forward to Scott and Proelitor's posts.
AMEN !!!

I mainly just use Pirate now as info. I am on all the time, but rarely post anymore. I guess I should warned of the "abuse" they can dish out. Makes it fun though ! Make sure your thick skinned.

Power: posted some vids and some pics in the off road section. Went out on a little test run with some buddies down at Hollister.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Funny thing is that Scott local to me now and we're in the same club. I actually first knew it was him from the insults He's about the complete opposite of his online persona in real life.

I'm usually on at least once a day. I can't really remember the last time I actually posted. Most of the time I just read. I've been doing alot of research on there one some cage design and coilovers. I liked Billavista's writeup on the Ballistic Fab coilovers. I was pretty well set on Sway aways, but now I'm not so sure.

I saw the post, but haven't clicked on the vids yet. Its killing me not getting out. The Ranger hasn't seen the trail in about 1.5 years. Plus I got my doubler in and the last 2 weekends before I had to head back out on the road I couldn't get enough people together to go out.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:36 PM
Ya, most of the guys over on Pirate end up not being nearly as bad as they seem

Ya, I am on at least 5 times a week, usually around lunch break, and just browse through and read and book mark anything I find interesting. Right now, I am building a cage and tuibe front for my junk. I am copying Tweeder's design (not sure if ya know him, he's a Suzuki guy, mostly on Zukikrawlers.com. Anyways, I read that write up too, but I am still a huge SAW fan. Love their products and customer service. I would prefer Kings (of course), but I really like SAW. I also prefer air shocks....

Check out the vids when ya get a chance, maybe it'll help motivate ya and light a fire under your ***. What kinda doubler you get in there ? We just finished making one for my buddies samurai, giving him a 230:1 crawl, and when we are done re-gearing the second case, he will be damn near 500:1 . Little extreme i know, but its nice having all the options. Alright man, have a good one.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by MercedesTech
Ya, most of the guys over on Pirate end up not being nearly as bad as they seem

Ya, I am on at least 5 times a week, usually around lunch break, and just browse through and read and book mark anything I find interesting. Right now, I am building a cage and tuibe front for my junk. I am copying Tweeder's design (not sure if ya know him, he's a Suzuki guy, mostly on Zukikrawlers.com. Anyways, I read that write up too, but I am still a huge SAW fan. Love their products and customer service. I would prefer Kings (of course), but I really like SAW. I also prefer air shocks....

Check out the vids when ya get a chance, maybe it'll help motivate ya and light a fire under your ***. What kinda doubler you get in there ? We just finished making one for my buddies samurai, giving him a 230:1 crawl, and when we are done re-gearing the second case, he will be damn near 500:1 . Little extreme i know, but its nice having all the options. Alright man, have a good one.
HAHA Tweeders a member of my club (Rough Rangers Off-Road Club). Small world the offroad community has. PBB is one of the best all around resources on the net. Definitely a place where you want to ask intelligent questions though.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:26 PM
No chit huh ?? Definately one tight knit community. Tweeder is a great guy ! Helpin me with the "mighty kong" upgrade he has, and hopefully I can get him to do some more machine and cad work for me. Not to mention he has some of the best tuve work I have seen on a Samurai. I also heard he was doing rock rings/bead locks too... know anything about it ?

Old 10-02-2008, 08:17 PM
Nope don't know too much about his projects.

Old 10-03-2008, 06:34 PM
I haven't seen Tweeder's most recent rig, but I have chatted with him briefly over the years. I'm a member of RRORC as well.

My doubler is a D&D unit. Its pretty much the only RBV doubler on the market now. Gremlinstein used to make the Stubbler (Firezapper runs one), but last I heard he quit making them. I suspect that the combination of the higher price and small market made for low sales. I can say that the craftsmanship of the D&D is top notch, but getting ahold of Duffy can really suck sometimes. I was originally going to just run the stock 4.10 gears thats in the D60 and 14bolt, but after driving around briefly on the street with only 34s and my 4.10s I have in the stock axles I can say that it would suck big time with 37s.

I know at one time Duffy had talked about making a 27 spline shaft which would let me mate a D300 to the back of my BW1354. He didn't get enough interest so he didn't pursue it. I would have loved to that with the Tera low kit. 9.84:1 in the tcase alone and twinstickable :drool

I'm ready to work on the Ranger, but the problem is work. Right now I'm about 1500 miles from home and won't be back for another week at least. I'm only supposed to be home for 2 weeks then back out on the road for another 3. I also have to build a shop in there too somewhere.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by D's984x4
The place in Tucson that you saw pics of i believe was Mt. Lemon. Beautiful place, good camping and off roading. I think there are trails all around there...
any pics?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Off roading place