4x4 stuck in low four wheel drive

Old 08-30-2002, 06:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4x4 stuck in low four wheel drive

For what it's worth Troops, My 97 4x4 was stuck in 4 wheel low, had to truck it to my ford dealer and after a couple days and four hundred and some buck, they had to install a newMod Asy-MLTPL
FUNC C, I guess they called it GEM Module, labor was 231.oo dollars for Diagnose concern. remove inteermittent cluster Trim and Gem Modulel. cost of module was 174.00. when I took the trk in they said more than likely all they would have to do was reprogram the computer. OK Troops, have a good long week-end. LeftyLewis.

Old 09-06-2002, 10:12 AM
I had the same problem with mine, and after getting the truck to the dealership, the service mgr. came around the counter and put my truck in neutral....and it disengaged. He looked at me and suggested that I might want to read my manual. I felt like a fool.

Old 09-06-2002, 12:21 PM
stuck in 4 wheel low

Thanks Glaffer, I had tried that and ended up taking it to AMCO and Mike had to jump the small motor that I guess that puts it in 4H 4L and 2 wheel drive. he used a 12 volt battery and jumed the motor. ended up taking it to the ford dealer and they had to put in a new module and now it works fine. thanks again. lefty. Oh, Mike jumped it to get it back into 2wheel hign so I could drive it down to Ford dealer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4x4 stuck in low four wheel drive