HELP.replaced 4wd vacuum lines and now it won't engage

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 10:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP.replaced 4wd vacuum lines and now it won't engage

I have a 2006 f150 4.6 4wd on floor. I replaced both actuaters and I didn' have any vacuum at the hub when I pulled the lines of on either side. So I had a feeling there was a leak in the line some where because I had suction when I took the line off the solenoid on the firewall and its about a year old and is the new style as well.and theres no leaks close to the solenoid that i can hear or feel.so I got some vacuum line and a couple tees and ran a line off each tee and ran one to each actuater and took the old line off but put the breather line of the old hose back onto the breather nipple of the actuater on each side. My hubs are now unlocked which is great but now when I try to engage 4wd they don' lock in so for some reason it's not cutting the vacuum off to them and yes the 4wd light comes on.did I do something wrong at do I need to install some sort of check valve? Any help would be greatly appreciated guys and ty so much in advance.heres a pic of the tees I installed.well it won't let me or I don' know how to pay a pic.I have 2006 f150 4.6 4wd on floor. I replaced both actuaters and I didn' have any vacuum at the hub when I pulled the lines of on either side. So I had a feeling there was a leak in the line some where because I had suction when I took the line off the solenoid on the firewall and its about a year old and is the new style as well.and theres no leaks close to the solenoid that i can hear or feel.so I got some vacuum line and a couple tees and ran a line off each tee and ran one to each actuater and took the old line off but put the breather line of the old hose back onto the breather nipple of the actuater on each side. My hubs are now unlocked which is great but now when I try to engage 4wd they don' lock in so for some reason it's not cutting the vacuum off to them and yes the 4wd light comes on.did I do something wrong at do I need to install some sort of check valve? Any help would be greatly appreciated guys and ty so much in advance.i would show a picture of the tees but I'm not sure how to upload a picture.

Old 02-14-2018, 10:59 PM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
Okay.

You started a thread in the 2004-2008 section. I posted a link to our thread in our Articles forum which tells you how to troubleshoot the IWE system. Did you read that thread from the beginning? I see you posted in that thread (which you should not have done) *AND* opened this new thread. This is not how you get help in any forum. You should be replying to the ORIGINAL thread you opened which has a reply. Otherwise, there will be no continuity of troubleshooting whatsoever.

Not trying to hassle you, but you aren't really helping yourself adequately by posting all over the board on your issue.

Quick Reply: HELP.replaced 4wd vacuum lines and now it won't engage