4x4 High Stuck 2002

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2017, 05:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb 4x4 High Stuck 2002

Switch to 4x4 High and truck goes into 4x4. Switch back to 2WD and it stays in 4x4 High. After turning truck off of course, I can disconnect the positive terminal for a minute, connect it back, power the truck up and it is back in 2WD. I have seen this step posted in a forum but this was after I figured this work around myself. I did not see where anyone has posted the cause or how to resolve it. If I had to guess, it is either the switch or the GEM and I am sure the GEM has a hefty price tag and I do not want to shotgun if someone has already been through the learning process. I have searched and search forums with no luck.

Old 01-02-2018, 06:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wyattearp1971
Switch to 4x4 High and truck goes into 4x4. Switch back to 2WD and it stays in 4x4 High. After turning truck off of course, I can disconnect the positive terminal for a minute, connect it back, power the truck up and it is back in 2WD. I have seen this step posted in a forum but this was after I figured this work around myself. I did not see where anyone has posted the cause or how to resolve it. If I had to guess, it is either the switch or the GEM and I am sure the GEM has a hefty price tag and I do not want to shotgun if someone has already been through the learning process. I have searched and search forums with no luck.
There is a little box in the dash also that runs 4wd.. I honestly can't remember what it was called but it was the cause of my 4wd not working. My brother fixed the cracked solder joint and I was good to go.. it's to the left of the radio back in there. Just idea for you

Quick Reply: 4x4 High Stuck 2002