2001 7700 4x4 bi-fuel coil and plug change questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 01:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 7700 4x4 bi-fuel coil and plug change questions

Just bought a 2001 bi-fuel 7700 5.4L V8 Triton, and I need to change at least one coil and plug on cylinder 02, but man, there's a ton of gear bolted over the coils and plugs.

The CNG is disabled on this truck, and that's fine by me, because the simpler the setup IMHO, the better. It's my first truck and I bought it because I like the simple elegant lines of it. I didn't realize - being a noob - that there are two fuel feed systems sitting on top of the cylinders but, of course, this makes sense once I think about it.

Teleflex GFI installed the CNG components, and I expect that if I just blindly rip out the CNG parts, the truck won't run after that :-)

For now I would be happy simply to peel back as much as I need to so that I can replace some (and later, all) the coils and plugs.

Being a noob, I searched on youtube for relevant videos, and I found one for a 2001 f150, and the guy does a good job of showing what to do. However, it is not a 7700 with the bi-fuel option, so the steps shown and described in that video, while helpful, are much simpler than what is needed on my truck (at least, that is what it seems like to me.)

I have also done a thread search here for steps to replace coils on a 7700, but have not been able to find detailed information on that.

This, then, is a long-winded overview thzg leads to a simple question: does someone have a video or resources that describe what should be done to replace all the coils on such a truck as mine.

I have started to remove pieces over cylinders 1-4, and I'm taking photos and making notes of the order in which I remove things, but I want to check here first before I do any serious damage.

Thanks in advance...