2006 f-150 shutting off only when turning right

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 04:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 f-150 shutting off only when turning right

2006 f-150 Triton, v8 5.4L

Bought this truck used last June/July. Since then, we put a bnuch of new parts in it to safety it, then a power steering hose, then had the transmission rebuilt - that was in december. Now I just got it back from the shop after an MPI (manitoba public insurance) claim with the damage (according to MPI and the mechanic), only being to the body. I went in the ditch of hard packed snow while pulling a trailer and both the front and rear bumper were damaged along with a few dents and scrapes. anyways, it's odd that this never happened to me before the accident. I've had it back for 10 days and it's happened twice!

My significant other said it happened to them once a couple months ago but forgot to mention it. So i guess it did happening before the claim, but seems like it might be worse now...?

There are no sounds at all that indicate it's about to happen. I just brake n swing left a little to do a wide right turn and boom, steering wheel locks and im sitting there dead. All my gauges are still on so there's power... and when I put it back in park and straighten out a little the engine starts right back up without issue. There are no indicator lights on on my dash so my mechanic tells me that's worse because it's like finding a needle in a haystack.

Has this happened to anyone else that can tell me what it turned out to be? I've read some people saying it was a loose wire, other say fuel pump...