Opinion/experience best hub assembly brand? Same question on shocks.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 07:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Opinion/experience best hub assembly brand? Same question on shocks.

Ok 2001 F150 supercab Lariat w/ 4×4 off road package. going to be replacing the hub assemblies, brakes n rotors, shocks, and drivers side balljoint. I've already put in a new u joint and a passenger balljoint and sway bar bushings/links all Moog premium. Typically I prefer aftermarket regardless of the price It's all about quality/durability for me I drive and live on back roads and like to play in the mud.
now the question should I stick with Moog?
On the hubs Moog or Timken? Something better?
shocks I've read a few people on here say KYB, I'm thinking KYB MonoMax.
brakes n rotors no ideas yet on brand, suggestions? Semi- metallic pads are deffinently my pad choice.
thanks I know y'all have to have a good idea what runs better with Ford's I'm a convert.. ex- Chevy guy. I saw the light.. finally 😂 still love my Jeep tho. 😉

Old 04-04-2017, 08:46 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
I used Motorcraft replacement hubs on mine along with Moog ball joints, tie rod ends, idler arm all bought from rockauto. The Motorcraft hubs had Timken bearings. The sway bar end link bushings were Energy Suspension from Autozone. My truck had new brake pads when I bought it a 69k miles. It now has 143k miles and I haven't replaced them yet. I did replace all of the brake hoses with Raybestos from rockauto and all 4 calipers and master cylinder from Autozone. I usually buy semi-metallic pads from Autozone and I've been pleased with the service. My probably original rear rotors are now warped a little and I intend to replace the rotors and brake pads soon.