Bearing Noise?

Old 06-21-2019, 06:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bearing noise?

Originally Posted by Roadie
Okay, I replaced the right front bearing hub today with the Ford bearing hub that had been installed on the left front by the dealer in Homestead FL about 6k miles ago. Aaannnd, it fixed it. No more bearing noise. The truck is as quiet as a mouse now!!!

While I was at it, I also replaced the LCA ball joint and replaced the split useless sway bar end link bushings with new polyurethane bushings.

The lesson I learned is that if you turn hard left taking the load off the left side bearings and the noise goes away, that doesn't mean a bearing on the left side is the bad bearing. It could be a bad bearing on the RIGHT side. Who'd a thunk it?!!? !!?
i have a question regarding your thread on bearing noise. Was it a constant “humming” sounding noise loudest between 59-68 mph and would it stop when you let off the accelerator and start again when you would press the accelerator down again? I’m trying to troubleshoot what the heck the noise is that my 05 f150 is doing

Old 06-21-2019, 08:28 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
Originally Posted by Austin Ashbrook
i have a question regarding your thread on bearing noise. Was it a constant “humming” sounding noise loudest between 59-68 mph and would it stop when you let off the accelerator and start again when you would press the accelerator down again? I’m trying to troubleshoot what the heck the noise is that my 05 f150 is doing
No, the noise was constant going straight down the road. Changing speed didn't affect the noise. Turning made the noise louder or less loud.

Your noise is in the drive train, diff, trans, something like that, probably the rear diff.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bearing Noise?